new "Fast track" PR visa???

Old Jul 11th 2011, 9:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new "Fast track" PR visa???

Originally Posted by gaz555
Yeah - I am quite worried about that. Is there any way of definitively checking or do I just have to try and demonstrate how I meet the criteria?
There's no way of definitely checking (unless you want to contact a lawyer or immigration consultant for their opinion, but that will obviously take longer), you just need to prove that your current or previous job meets the criteria - don't forget to make sure that the references you get from employers outline the duties to match those listed under the NOC code.

If you are confident that you do at least half of the duties listed as part of your daily job, and definitely fit the opening paragraph of the NOC description, then those are the two things that will mean you qualify.

Old Jul 12th 2011, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

matt_t is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Waggle
We applied in August 2010 and get our visas next week. So that's 11 months. That's for Federal Skilled Worker.

However, we were caught in the "early" turmoil with a big backlog at CIO last summer and also the movement from CAIPS to GCMS. Those who applied after October 2010 are looking at nearer to 7 months to get visa.

Having said that, there are July/August/September 2010 applicants who have not yet gone into process, so the timelines are approximately.

Those who applied prior to June 2010 are on a bit of a backburner and will be on longer timescales.

By talking of formal offers, I assume you do not have experience in one of the 29 in-demand occupations, and are therefore looking to apply in Category 2? Seems Category 2 are taking longer to process, presumably because of checking out the validity of the job offers but they have a separate team, so honestly no real idea what the delay is there.

My best guess is that if you applied now - you'd be looking at between 7 and 14 months for the visa.

Best of luck.
Wayne.
Hi Waggle, i'm interested how you found out about the 7 months processing time for FSW apps after Oct 2010. I applied in March 2011 and have just completed med requests and wondering if i'm being over optimistic to get my visa by October this year.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

Jadantrak is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys

getting a little concerned I applied in Jan 2011 and have been received by visa office since March nothing since, so will definitely not fit into Waggles 7/12, should I try contact them ? hope nothings wrong

T
Old Jul 12th 2011, 11:18 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Is there an echo in here - didn't I just say all that?!?

Old Jul 12th 2011, 11:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jadantrak
Hi Guys

getting a little concerned I applied in Jan 2011 and have been received by visa office since March nothing since, so will definitely not fit into Waggles 7/12, should I try contact them ? hope nothings wrong

T
I'm confused, what NOC code did you apply under? I thought that you were a nurse, so if you applied in January then the quota was already full, but maybe I've misunderstood?
Old Jul 13th 2011, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

Hi christmasoompa

no your on the ball I am a nurse applied under NOC 3233
Old Jul 13th 2011, 12:13 am
SUPER MODERATOR

no your on the ball I am a nurse applied under NOC 3233
Ah, I see - I thought it was 3152, and couldn't figure out how you'd got your PER if the cap had been reached already! Makes sense now.

Old Jul 13th 2011, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

but christmasoompa ....now to my question should I be concerned or just a little more patient
Old Jul 13th 2011, 12:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

but christmasoompa ....now to my question should I be concerned or just a little more patient
Not a clue I'm afraid, I know very little about the 'new' system and timelines etc.

Old Jul 13th 2011, 12:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Hi Guys

T
Many applicants from July/August/Sep 2010 are still RBVO so I don't think there is any cause for concern with your individual file. Going into process currently seems more luck based than anything, and visa office are hopeless at trying to communicate what the delays are or how they are deciding who goes into process.

Not much you can do but wait it out. Best of luck.
Wayne.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

gaz555 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks, bit of an update from the OP:

I called back the ELTS centre that had offered a 31st july seat and it was unavailable just a few hours later - looks like it was a cancellation and I hadn't realised. The other available positions are much later, too late in fact, to get my PR application in before the likely closure of the quota for my job.

As such, I think the larger-lady has indeed sung for my 2011 skilled-labour application. As I'm not willing to wait till next july to apply (especially as I won't be sure my job will be covered), I'm going to start looking at my other options and realistically think that means finding an understanding employer in Canada who may offer me a position.

Many thanks indeed for all your help, to say I'm gutted is an understatement. My own fault for being ill-prepared I think.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

dont give up

no one knows how long the quota will take to fill, youll kick yourself if you dont try , imagine if everyone is thinking like you then no one will apply and the quota will stay unfilled , give it a bash , you gotta be in it to win it

and thanks Wayne for your kind reply
Old Jul 13th 2011, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

Hang on. I never thought to check this and just read some other posts hinting at it.

I live in England, was born in England and have never lived abroad - all my family are English and I went to school and university. Do I actually need to do an ELTS test?
Old Jul 13th 2011, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

Elen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really niceElen1981 is just really nice

Hi Gaz555

Yes everyone needs the english test regardless-most of us are in the same boat! It is to prevent anyone fraudulently claiming good english speaking etc

And you can't even claim basic french on your application without a written French test as well
Old Jul 13th 2011, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Elen, thought that was the case but thought I'd better double check. I have A-level french from 2002 - where would you go for an appropriate french test?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.