Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

New document IMM 5562 'Your Travels'

New document IMM 5562 'Your Travels'

Old Aug 17th 2010, 5:38 pm
J2J
Forum Regular

J2J is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New document IMM 5562 'Your Travels'

Thanks for your humour Izzy and Waggle. We sure can use some about now. Apart from an immigration Lawyer we will need a marriage councillor and a Psychiatrist by the end of all of this!

I think the best thing to do in our situation is partially fill out the form with an attached letter explaining our personal circumstances. We do have our last 2 years of travel well documented and we have nothing to hide, just a bit of memory laps in the dates of travel during the 1st few yrs of the 10.

Also thankyou for correcting me in the time required. I got a bit off tract with the advice that Miss Clingue's lawyer sent to her. I agree that giving more info is better than giving less.

Soon we will join the rest of you that are finished with all of this and just waiting for approval! Can't wait
Old Aug 17th 2010, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

MegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond repute

This form has caused all sorts of problems, had to resort to the dates on photos
DH is in the Navy should we say he can't possibly name all ports of call on his travels with the ship (mainly as he can't remember), that he's not at liberty to report all ports of call or just not mention it ? We obviously will be putting down all other trips.
Am sending the whole lot off to London in the next couple of days, just waiting for one more reference to come from his old DO in Canada. Have so many extra notes for them for one thing and another especially as he has no contract (JPA did away with all paperwork for the Forces) and his job is so complicated in that even though he's going in under industrial electrician (which names military technician in the NOC code explanations) being in the Navy its not as straightforward. Will be glad when its all gone off.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 2:59 am
Rockies bound hopefully

gandalff is an unknown quantity at this point

Do we need to include the countries we flew over to get to a destination. I think I flew over Japan once but no idea how long for
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

jeff2679 is a jewel in the roughjeff2679 is a jewel in the roughjeff2679 is a jewel in the roughjeff2679 is a jewel in the roughjeff2679 is a jewel in the rough

Sorry to Hijack post but am also looking for this form but Buffalo specific. if anyone still has a copy saved can you please post it here for me.

Thanks
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 11:48 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeff2679
Sorry to Hijack post but am also looking for this form but Buffalo specific. if anyone still has a copy saved can you please post it here for me.

Thanks
Do buffalo actually request this form now?
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 5:24 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Do buffalo actually request this form now?
No
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 8:38 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

No
I didn't think they did. Thanks :0)