Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

New document IMM 5562 'Your Travels'

New document IMM 5562 'Your Travels'

Old Aug 15th 2010, 12:12 pm
Account Closed

roraimap is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New document IMM 5562 'Your Travels'

I have a problem with this form. In 2006 I changed my country of residence from UK to Spain and after that I have traveling in Europe but still living in Spain .. how can I reflect that trip to Spain like a change of residence?.. something like:

04/2008 to 04/2008 4 days Paris, France Tourism
03/2006 to present N/A Barcelona, Spain Change of country of residence.

I cannot include days because I am still living in Barcelona and I have more trips after that one, is it worthy to include it?

Thanks
Old Aug 15th 2010, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

I also have a question about this form... in 2008 we travelled to USA and Canada on one trip. We spent a couple of days in Vegas, drove to Vancouver, stayed a week, then drove back and finished up with a couple of days in Vegas again. How do I account for this? 3 separate entries for USA, Canada, USA? Or one entry for USA and Canada? Currently thinking of going for the 3 separate entries option...
Old Aug 16th 2010, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by izzi81
I also have a question about this form... in 2008 we travelled to USA and Canada on one trip. We spent a couple of days in Vegas, drove to Vancouver, stayed a week, then drove back and finished up with a couple of days in Vegas again. How do I account for this? 3 separate entries for USA, Canada, USA? Or one entry for USA and Canada? Currently thinking of going for the 3 separate entries option...
Hi - we had a 2 week holiday in Canada which was touring BC, but we landed in Vancouver, so we put a single 2 week trip with destination as Vancouver. Then on an additional sheet we attached (since we couldn't fit all our trips on the form) we simple added a line saying that the two week trip to Canada included 3 days in the USA, in and around Seattle.

Are you submitting a single form? Or one each for you and your partner?

We decided to submit one each even though the form says "Principal applicant" the London checklist says one for applicant, one for spouse. Same info just in different places on the form - kinda silly but we decided to play it safe.

Wayne.
Old Aug 17th 2010, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

We opted to split the trip into 3 parts, so one line for USA, then another for Canada, then another for USA. It seemed better to be pedantic than to seem to be avoiding giving information!
Re. copies of the form, we're just submitting one copy.... I do see what you mean though. Just looking at the guide, it lists who should complete it in a way that suggests they want a copy from each person... (same as with Schedule 1 and 5406).

OK I'm confused now, and thinking we ought to fill out 2!
Old Aug 17th 2010, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

OK I've just looked at the form again and at the top it says 'the principal applicant must complete this form'. Going on that basis we're just going to send one copy, completed by PA.
Old Aug 17th 2010, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

OK I've just looked at the form again and at the top it says 'the principal applicant must complete this form'. Going on that basis we're just going to send one copy, completed by PA.
Yeah, someone said that they use these forms for several things not just for FSW, which is why the form itself may contradict the checklist.

We're just "playing it safe", but I am 99.99% confident that 1 form will be sufficient (especially since they have all the same information on!). I guess we just don't want to be one of the 0.01% it might be a problem for!

4 days until we submit, and still getting our heads around some of the stupid contradictions between the CIC web site, the guide, the checklists and the forms themselves.

Still trying to work out whether to include our police certificates in our application to CIO. We've paid for them now and they're 1 month old already, so our feeling is to submit them anyway, and then if London office ask us to get fresh copies we'll do that in addition.

REALLY looking forward to getting my life back (or partly) after this coming weekend!

Wayne.
Old Aug 17th 2010, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

I know what you mean... the process is complicated enough, it doesn't help when the guidance notes are vague
We're applying through NS PNP so our police certificates definitely go in at this stage. It will be a relief to get it in the post finally, but then the second stage of waiting begins and the last one was a struggle!
Old Aug 17th 2010, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

I know what you mean... the process is complicated enough, it doesn't help when the guidance notes are vague
We're applying through NS PNP so our police certificates definitely go in at this stage. It will be a relief to get it in the post finally, but then the second stage of waiting begins and the last one was a struggle!
Well the trouble is with applying FSW1 post-June 26th is that
a) You don't want to post an incomplete application or with anything that might cause your application to fail
b) You need to mail your application pronto so that the NOC cap of 1000 or the total cap of 20000 do not cause your application to fail

So you need to rush, AND not rush, at the same time!

We're hoping 21st August - considering all other applicants will also have a substantial amount of supporting documentation to gather before submitting - should be early enough to make we don't get tripped up on the 1000/20000 caps. Of course it would also be helpful if they would convey exactly how the caps are to be applied and at which stage in the application it counts towards the cap.

We didn't notice the NOC list had changed for a couple of weeks after 26th June, and then we booked IELTS test pretty much straight away after a couple of immigration lawyers confirmed my wife was eligible to apply under her NOC having reviewed her CV. So there wasn't anything we could actually do to speed the process up, but it's just all the waiting I hate!

Wayne.
Old Aug 17th 2010, 12:50 pm
J2J
Forum Regular

J2J is on a distinguished road

I am very confused after reading this discussion. I hope someone can help me here. We received our Spousal Outland Application a few months ago (my husband in England) We will be submitting it late Oct, when we receive our marriage cert in Ont. In this pkg everthing was in English except Appendix A and IMM5562, which were in French. I downloaded each of those in English from the Canada Immigration site.
I then read #13 on Appendix A (OTHER DOCUMENTATION) which stated "persons submitting their application to the Canadian visa office in Paris must complete the attached IMM 5562 form"

I assumed that it didn't include us???? as ours goes to London. Am I incorrect?
If so, then we are totaly lost as my OH is 61, and only has a passport that is 2 yrs old, and no records of older ones. He has taken about 25 vacations with his previous family years ago, but no memory of dates or order. The same goes for myself. The way it reads, this would include travels for 43 years for him and just under that for myself!

Any suggestions would be appreciated Thanks
Old Aug 17th 2010, 3:12 pm
moy
Just Joined

moy is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in the same situation. I'm being sponsored by my spouse who is a canadian citizen, I'm british.

Going by this, on requirements for Sponsorship of a Spouse, this form is only required for applications going to Paris:-
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3901e.pdf
Old Aug 17th 2010, 3:59 pm
J2J
Forum Regular

J2J is on a distinguished road

I have finally gotten through to the Immigration call centre. I have tried before but never succeeded. It has always told be they are busy and disconnects without an option to be placed on hold. This time I was put on hold with approx 20 min wait!

The person told me that yes indeed it it ONLY for applications going to Paris, and told me that is why it came to me in French. It is NOT required to send off to the London office.

For now we will continue on with completing the application and not be concerned about the IMM 5562. We have an appt at the end of Sept with an immigration lawyer to look over our completed application as well to sort out any last minute concerns
Old Aug 17th 2010, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by J2J
I have finally gotten through to the Immigration call centre. I have tried before but never succeeded. It has always told be they are busy and disconnects without an option to be placed on hold. This time I was put on hold with approx 20 min wait!

The person told me that yes indeed it it ONLY for applications going to Paris, and told me that is why it came to me in French. It is NOT required to send off to the London office.

For now we will continue on with completing the application and not be concerned about the IMM 5562. We have an appt at the end of Sept with an immigration lawyer to look over our completed application as well to sort out any last minute concerns
Not wishing to sound like a party pooper, but if it is not required by London office, why do London office explicitly ask for it in their viso office specific checklist?

Shrug, I think we'll play it safe and send them with ours, we've filled them all in anyway now.

Wayne.
Old Aug 17th 2010, 4:13 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Waggle
Not wishing to sound like a party pooper, but if it is not required by London office, why do London office explicitly ask for it in their viso office specific checklist?

Shrug, I think we'll play it safe and send them with ours, we've filled them all in anyway now.

Wayne.
Fo a Skilled Worker App it IS required by London. CIC Call centre is a bit like a lucky dip....best bet with them is call 4 times and take the average answer as the most likely to be correct one...
Old Aug 17th 2010, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Fo a Skilled Worker App it IS required by London. CIC Call centre is a bit like a lucky dip....best bet with them is call 4 times and take the average answer as the most likely to be correct one...
Ah. Well given the waiting times I'd suggest the better bet is to not call them at all

If the CIC Call centre guys don't even know exactly what's required, how the hell are we meant to?

We're going along the lines of: if there's any doubt, send it anyway.
I don't think they can fail you for sending them a form they don't need, but they can sure as hell fail you for failing to send them a form they do!

Wayne.
Old Aug 17th 2010, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by J2J
The way it reads, this would include travels for 43 years for him and just under that for myself!
In case you do decide to fill out the form, you only have to list travel in the last 10 years. The 'since 18' part is for anyone who is young enough to have the 10 years timespan fall into when they were under 18. So no need to worry about remembering 43 years of travel!

When completing this bit I've never been so glad I keep diaries!

Waggle - I see your problem.. it must be nerve-wracking to have extra time deadlines, particularly when you don't even know what they are re. quotas! Good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.