Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

New document IMM 5562 'Your Travels'

New document IMM 5562 'Your Travels'

Old Jun 23rd 2010, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light
Default New document IMM 5562 'Your Travels'

OK, seems they added another document this month IMM5562 'Your Travels'

Do I need to include it if it wasn't in my initial application to Sydney?

Can I remember where I've been on holiday from 21 years ago.....erm no :S

TIA SA

Last edited by spaceace; Jun 23rd 2010 at 2:16 am.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all
Default Re: New document IMM 5562 'Your Travels'

Originally Posted by spaceace

TIA SA
I think you only need to complete for the last 10 years (still a long period to remember it all).

But, sorry cant answer your original question, about having to complete this since your initial application. Hopefully someone will be able to answer that.

Ray
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 6:58 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

TIA SA
Our immigration lawyer sent us this last week to fill in. Our app is in London, he said to have it filled in ready just in case they ask. It is only 10 years though or aged 18 which ever is the longest.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice

Lets be honest, who can remember all the holidays they've taken in the last 10 years, let alone from when to when, I wouldn't have a clue!! I'd struggle to even quote the year not to mention the specific months.

I can think, 5 trips to Prague, 3 to Canada, 4 to USA, 1 to Cuba, 1 to Thailand, at least a few to Cyprus, Greece, Spain, Portugal, Italy day trips to France, the list goes on!

How would you even go about finding this information, most european countries don't stamp your passport!!

What am impossible task.

I just hope they don't request this for people who have already submitted the application (I'm currently in process).
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 7:30 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

I cant work out why they would want that information. Just think of the admin nightmare it will cause if they start to check them It will slow the process time down loads.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
I cant work out why they would want that information. Just think of the admin nightmare it will cause if they start to check them It will slow the process time down loads.
Anti terrorism could be one reason why??
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 9:06 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

TIA SA
You would need to include it because you are now submitting to London and it is on the checklist of docs that London ask you to submit not what CIO Sydney ask you to submit (I think - I can't view the Sydney checklist from home). Which is a bummerooney.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stokesey
What am impossible task.
I remember having to fill out a similar form when I applied, so while it may be a new form, London have been asking for that information for years.

Personally I put down rough dates based on what information I could still find (passport stamps, tickets, etc) and said that in some cases they might be a month or two out. So long as you haven't been to places like Iran, Afghanistan or North Korea they're probably not going to be too worried if you forget the date of a day trip to France.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by raymasa
I think you only need to complete for the last 10 years
Its the last 10 years or since 18, whichever is longest.

Last edited by spaceace; Jun 24th 2010 at 12:19 pm.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 12:16 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Its the last 10 years or since 18, whichever is longest.....in my case I was 18 in 1989, which is 21 years of dates to try and recall, what a pain in the ass :S
No it's not.

List all trips you, and if applicable, your family members have taken outside your country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since
your 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago).

D'uh.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

apologies I got it wrong
Old Jun 24th 2010, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

they could have at least me the form electronically fillable
Old Jun 24th 2010, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

i think I'm just going to moan all day today
Old Jun 24th 2010, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

shazza69 is an unknown quantity at this point

what are you supossed to put if you travelled for one month around europe as it asks for city and country, should i just put various for cities and then europe for country or should i put various for cities and put the name of each country i visited in europe....hopefully they wont ask for it if the apps are already sent to london
Old Jul 8th 2010, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

montpro is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know where this form can be found? The checklist says 'attached at the end of apendix A'?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.