Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NBPNP) Information Session -DO THESE EXIST?

New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NBPNP) Information Session -DO THESE EXIST?

Old Oct 24th 2015, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Lion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NBPNP) Information Session -DO THESE EXIST?

Hi guys

I'm looking over the details to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to New Brunswick Express Entry. There are three things it appears you need to have done to be able to submit the EOI:

1) IELTS Language Exam (NO PROBLEM!)
2) Education conversion (NO PROBLEM!)
and
3) Attend a New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NBPNP) Information Session (PROBLEM!)

Note this (3) applies to candidates who do not have a job offer in advance, which would be me!

In more details it says:

"Individuals who have attended a NBPNP information session in the past 24 months or met with NBPNP staff at a domestic or international recruitment event."

And you have to list the event location and date of the session on the form!

Now, I've scoured their website to find information on where I might be able to attend said 'NBPNP Information Session' and I can find ZERO information on these sessions, nor about 'meeting' their staff at an International Recruitment Event.

I have Google searched this as well, and could only find a blog from someone who attended one once in Manilla (!)

Does anyone here know how I can find a list of upcoming NBPNP Information Session dates and locations???
Old Oct 24th 2015, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NBPNP) Information Session -DO THESE EX

I can't find a reference to your point 3 in the latest guidelines:
http://welcomenb.ca/content/dam/bitp...tryGuide-E.pdf

Is it possible you might be looking at an outdated guide/programme?

ETA: I see what you mean: NB *does* seem to be holding these info sessions, but only advertising them on their FB page?

Last edited by Shirtback; Oct 25th 2015 at 12:04 am.
Old Oct 25th 2015, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

Lion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond reputeLion Heart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NBPNP) Information Session -DO THESE EX

Hi there

Ok, with regards to point 3, i.e. it telling you you must attend an Info Session - that text seems to have been removed!!

Very odd as it was there Thursday! I've been reading it almost daily.

I did email them Tuesday to ask for some info for dates/locations on upcoming info sessions. They did not reply. But now that text has gone, so maybe that's not relevant right now and was outdated so they removed it when I pointed it out?

HOWEVER, at the top of the Expression of Interest form it asks you to list the date/location of the info session attended.

Very annoying if it is irrelevant. Do you just leave it blank and send the form to them?

Hopefully they can update the form if it is not relevant.

Yes, they advrtise them on their Facebook page (info sessions). But they are so out of date they are promoting the Manilla one which was held back in July!!!
Old Aug 4th 2016, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Eggx is an unknown quantity at this point

FYI - there is now event scheduled for London.

Welcome to New Brunswick | Living in NB