New Born Baby-Urgent request

Old Oct 6th 2004, 12:42 pm
NIW
Just Joined

NIW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Born Baby-Urgent request

After receiving the landing document and the Visas, I have just one month approx with me to enter Canada.
At the same time we are expecting the baby and its due anytime. Now the new born is not on the file.
So can we take the baby along- and show baby's birth certificate ( as I will not be able to get the passport made by the due date).
Or shall we land there without the baby. Please note that the Baby will be born in America.
Please advise...
Thanks for all the help in advance
Old Oct 6th 2004, 1:11 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: New Born Baby-Urgent request

If baby is born before you land in Canada as PR then your visas will become invalid and you will have to re-apply.

If you try to land after baby is born without disclosing the fact then it will be fraudulent landing and you will be deported after filing application to sponsor your baby. More - even if by some highly unlikely court decision you are allowed to remain in Canada then you will never be able to sponsor your baby.

You are making the most stupid mistake many already made and now pay the price. Land now or lose everything. There is no other option.

Why did you submit passports in the first place knowing well that you are expecting a baby????

The proper course of action after receipt of passport request (and knowing that you won't be able to land before baby is born) should be to immediately notify visa post about the fact and ask them to put your file on hold until after baby is born and added to your file.

But now, once visas are already issued you must land before baby is born or you will have to start process all over again.

There are tens of posts here with similar circumstances in past couple years - if you would paid attention you would know what to do and what not to do.

Land now or your visas are history.

Fact that baby will be born in US (if you decide not to land before she or he is born) is completely irrelevant. Americans need immigration visas too if they want to live in Canada.

Originally Posted by NIW
After receiving the landing document and the Visas, I have just one month approx with me to enter Canada.
At the same time we are expecting the baby and its due anytime. Now the new born is not on the file.
So can we take the baby along- and show baby's birth certificate ( as I will not be able to get the passport made by the due date).
Or shall we land there without the baby. Please note that the Baby will be born in America.
Please advise...
Thanks for all the help in advance
Old Oct 6th 2004, 1:28 pm
NIW
Just Joined

Default Re: New Born Baby-Urgent request

Hello Andrew!
Can I land alone now and sponsor my wife and the new born later.
Sorry if I missed anything in your reply.
Regards
Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
If baby is born before you land in Canada as PR then your visas will become invalid and you will have to re-apply.

If you try to land after baby is born without disclosing the fact then it will be fraudulent landing and you will be deported after filing application to sponsor your baby. More - even if by some highly unlikely court decision you are allowed to remain in Canada then you will never be able to sponsor your baby.

You are making the most stupid mistake many already made and now pay the price. Land now or lose everything. There is no other option.

Why did you submit passports in the first place knowing well that you are expecting a baby????

The proper course of action after receipt of passport request (and knowing that you won't be able to land before baby is born) should be to immediately notify visa post about the fact and ask them to put your file on hold until after baby is born and added to your file.

But now, once visas are already issued you must land before baby is born or you will have to start process all over again.

There are tens of posts here with similar circumstances in past couple years - if you would paid attention you would know what to do and what not to do.

Land now or your visas are history.

Fact that baby will be born in US (if you decide not to land before she or he is born) is completely irrelevant. Americans need immigration visas too if they want to live in Canada.
Old Oct 6th 2004, 1:37 pm

Yes, you may land now alone as long as you do it before baby is born. But then you'll be separated from your wife and baby as you must be permanently living in Canada to be eligible to sponsor them.

Your best option is to take your wife and land now - US citizenship for the baby is not worth the hassle.

Originally Posted by NIW
Hello Andrew!
Can I land alone now and sponsor my wife and the new born later.
Sorry if I missed anything in your reply.
Regards
Old Oct 6th 2004, 1:45 pm
NIW
Just Joined

Hi Andrew!
I can come back to USA, as I have H1B Visa for another year.
So what do you advice.
I am just waiting for your reply desperately.
Regards
Yes, you may land now alone as long as you do it before baby is born. But then you'll be separated from your wife and baby as you must be permanently living in Canada to be eligible to sponsor them.

Your best option is to take your wife and land now - US citizenship for the baby is not worth the hassle.
Old Oct 6th 2004, 1:49 pm

No, you must live permanently in Canada to be eligible to sponsor anyone. If you return to US then you won't be eligible to sponsor them, period. Only Canadian citizens are eligible to sponsor their spouses while residing abroad - Canadian Permanent Residents have no such right and must be living physically in Canada (and be able to well document it - job, residence, utility bills, etc.)) to be able to sponsor.

And again - your status in US is irrelevant here.

Originally Posted by NIW
Hi Andrew!
I can come back to USA, as I have H1B Visa for another year.
So what do you advice.
I am just waiting for your reply desperately.
Regards
Old Oct 7th 2004, 5:07 am
NIW
Just Joined

Hi Andrew!
Is it possible to request Canadian consulate to look into the issue. I can send my CPRs back and tell them the situation- as I have not landed yet... Will they entertain such things after Visa has been stamped.
Have you seen such cases.
Thankyou for your continuous support throughout and prompt responses.
Please note that I came to know about this web site just yesterday.. so please forgive my ignorance....
You know that there is almost one way communication between the clients and few consulate offices..
Regards
No, you must live permanently in Canada to be eligible to sponsor anyone. If you return to US then you won't be eligible to sponsor them, period. Only Canadian citizens are eligible to sponsor their spouses while residing abroad - Canadian Permanent Residents have no such right and must be living physically in Canada (and be able to well document it - job, residence, utility bills, etc.)) to be able to sponsor.

And again - your status in US is irrelevant here.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 5:17 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NIW
Hi Andrew!
Is it possible to request Canadian consulate to look into the issue. I can send my CPRs back and tell them the situation- as I have not landed yet... Will they entertain such things after Visa has been stamped.
Please note that I came to know about this web site just yesterday.. so please forgive my ignorance....
You know that there is almost one way communication between the clients and few consulate offices..
Regards
Andrew has given you clear advice that you do not seem to want to follow. Make up your mind and accept the consequences one way or the other.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 5:23 am

It is rather unlikely that visa post will consider your request, but you won't know for sure until you try.

Your other biggest problem is too little time remaining on your visa - it is probably well too late to do anything short of landing now as visa post won't even consider replying to your request for several weeks. More - there is no provision (at least I haven't seen any such precedent yet) to re-issue already issued and received visa due to any reason other than loss of documents. But even in the case of lost/stolen/damaged documents visa is being re-issued with it's original validity date - it makes it again a no go for you now. You have been waiting too long with asking questions.

Originally Posted by NIW
Hi Andrew!
Regards
Old Oct 7th 2004, 9:11 am
Just Joined

Max Chaudhary is an unknown quantity at this point

Andrew's advice is terse but accurate. Having made representations on behalf of clients whose visas were about to expire, I can state categorically that you will not likely have a receptive ear at the visa office.

It is rather unlikely that visa post will consider your request, but you won't know for sure until you try.

Your other biggest problem is too little time remaining on your visa - it is probably well too late to do anything short of landing now as visa post won't even consider replying to your request for several weeks. More - there is no provision (at least I haven't seen any such precedent yet) to re-issue already issued and received visa due to any reason other than loss of documents. But even in the case of lost/stolen/damaged documents visa is being re-issued with it's original validity date - it makes it again a no go for you now. You have been waiting too long with asking questions.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

didik will become famous soon enough

Hi Andrew,

Assuming he and his wife drove across the border and became landed PR, and drove back to USA to have their baby. Will having the baby outside Canada but after became landed PR, invalid their visa?

Thanks
didik

Old Oct 7th 2004, 12:11 pm

If they land before baby is born then they become Permanent Residents as they should. Their visas will be used to land.

If they live after landing and have baby abroad then such baby will have to be sponsored and only after sponsor is back in Canada, living here permanently and being able to conclusively document it.

Originally Posted by didik
Hi Andrew,

Assuming he and his wife drove across the border and became landed PR, and drove back to USA to have their baby. Will having the baby outside Canada but after became landed PR, invalid their visa?

Thanks
didik
Old Oct 8th 2004, 10:42 am
NIW
Just Joined

Hi Andrew!
The good news is that we were able to land in Canada safely.
I thank you all for the immediate help.
Regards
If they land before baby is born then they become Permanent Residents as they should. Their visas will be used to land.

If they live after landing and have baby abroad then such baby will have to be sponsored and only after sponsor is back in Canada, living here permanently and being able to conclusively document it.
Old Oct 8th 2004, 11:06 am

Welcome to Canada!!!

Originally Posted by NIW
Hi Andrew!
The good news is that we were able to land in Canada safely.
I thank you all for the immediate help.
Regards