British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   New to Board (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/new-board-267665/)

Gilpen Nov 20th 2004 9:19 am

New to Board

Hello Everyone

We are UK citizens, with a young family, and have just recently applied in Oct 25 th 2004 for PR in Canada, in the Skilled Worker/Economic class at the London CHC.
We received our AOR 9th Nov.

Having read some very interesting stories re :timescale on this forum,& on the CIC website.Does having Aunt/Uncle/Cousin's assist in our application?(We have included this proof in our forms.)

We are wondering has anyone any +ve stories re timescale.

Any info from experts is appreciated.

PMM Nov 20th 2004 3:49 pm

Re: New to Board

Hi Gilpen

Originally Posted by Gilpen
Hello Everyone

We are UK citizens, with a young family, and have just recently applied in Oct 25 th 2004 for PR in Canada, in the Skilled Worker/Economic class at the London CHC.
We received our AOR 9th Nov.

Having read some very interesting stories re :timescale on this forum,& on the CIC website.Does having Aunt/Uncle/Cousin's assist in our application?(We have included this proof in our forms.)

We are wondering has anyone any +ve stories re timescale.

Any info from experts is appreciated.

Having relatives in Canada does not speed up the application. Look at :
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...2-skilled.html which will give you some idea of the average procesing times. By the way, the Aunt or Uncle would give you 5 additional points.

PMM

Troublesome Nov 20th 2004 3:58 pm

[QUOTE=

I'm afraid that's right, you get more points for family but not a faster processing time :( :( .

Your processing time should have been indicated on your AOR card. You can use the file number on it B1234567 (ish) to track your application through the CIC website. However, seems to just stay on In Process until they make a final decision.

Don't worry though the time will fly by if you don't let the application take over your life. Just get on with the here and now...

Good luck :)

Gilpen Nov 20th 2004 4:19 pm

[QUOTE=Troublesome][QUOTE=

I'm afraid that's right, you get more points for family but not a faster processing time :( :( .

Your processing time should have been indicated on your AOR card. You can use the file number on it B1234567 (ish) to track your application through the CIC website. However, seems to just stay on In Process until they make a final decision.

Don't worry though the time will fly by if you don't let the application take over your life. Just get on with the here and now...

Good luck :)[/QUOTE] Thanks for your quick reply and advice. regarding timescale on AOR, I guess it must be the paragraph which states you may not be contacted for XXX amount off months due to the volume of applications is that correct? I will take your advice about trying not to let it take over your life.( rather difficult though !!!).
How is your application coming on ? and when did you apply?
Keep in touch about your progress.
G

Gilpen Nov 21st 2004 10:01 am

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi Gilpen

Having relatives in Canada does not speed up the application. Look at :
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...2-skilled.html which will give you some idea of the average procesing times. By the way, the Aunt or Uncle would give you 5 additional points.

PMM

Hi PPM
Thanks for your reply i will refer to cic website.
Thanks again
G
PS Having read on some older posts about the "Pilot Scheme" can you or anyone enlighten us about it?

Troublesome Nov 21st 2004 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by Gilpen
Thanks for your quick reply and advice. regarding timescale on AOR, I guess it must be the paragraph which states you may not be contacted for XXX amount off months due to the volume of applications is that correct? I will take your advice about trying not to let it take over your life.( rather difficult though !!!).
How is your application coming on ? and when did you apply?
Keep in touch about your progress.
G

Yes it is the one that says xxx months. I applied in June 04, got AOR Jul 04, expecting something around Dec 05, but not holding my breath. In the meantime, I'm finding out what I can, going out again to BC to ski in March 05, and out again in May 05 on a 'look see' tour. Other than that carrying on as normal ( well, as normal as it gets around here)! :)

Good Luck!
Claire

mhhp Nov 21st 2004 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by Troublesome
Yes it is the one that says xxx months. I applied in June 04, got AOR Jul 04, expecting something around Dec 05, but not holding my breath. In the meantime, I'm finding out what I can, going out again to BC to ski in March 05, and out again in May 05 on a 'look see' tour. Other than that carrying on as normal ( well, as normal as it gets around here)! :)

Good Luck!
Claire

There are lots of timelines to compare on www.yogi799.com