Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

New Baby whilst application in process

New Baby whilst application in process

Old Mar 9th 2005, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

bhandals is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face New Baby whilst application in process

I am currently in the process applying to Canada as a skilled worker. My wife and 2 children are included on the application. The London Embassy began processing the application on 24/12/04 and on their web site they state the application process could take between 12 and 31 months. We are thinking about trying for a another baby however we are concerned that this may further delay our application. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 3:06 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Baby whilst application in process

It won't delay anything as long as you notify visa post and add new baby to the application as soon as baby is born.

Originally Posted by bhandals
I am currently in the process applying to Canada as a skilled worker. My wife and 2 children are included on the application. The London Embassy began processing the application on 24/12/04 and on their web site they state the application process could take between 12 and 31 months. We are thinking about trying for a another baby however we are concerned that this may further delay our application. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 3:24 am
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all
Default Re: New Baby whilst application in process

Originally Posted by bhandals
It could delay the process if the timing is so that the medical would fall into the pregnancy period.

The medical involves X-Ray which cannot (allthough some do argue that point) at least should not be done during pregnancy. That means that you would have to wait with the medical until after baby is born.

So based on your timeline that would mean that if your wife became pregnant soon it is not likely you would recieve medical request before baby is born. If however it takes longer, then there is a risk you r medical request may fall into the pregnancy period:

In othe words: Have fun tonight