New Baby

Old Sep 2nd 2011, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

sumithgk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Baby

Hi,

We applied for PR on this July & payment has been deducted on August & no more information has been received yet.

Last week our 1st baby was born.

So what should we do at this instance? Should we inform CIC? Still no birth certificate/passport obtained & it may take few weeks.

Is there any URL with related information? How to contact(email) CIC for more information?

Please advice.

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 7:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Baby

You'll need to add the baby to your application and complete all the requisite forms etc - not sure you can add it until you've got your file number, as if you send everything in now they won't be able to match it up anyway. So wait until you've got the birth certificate etc, and then once you've got your file number just send it all in together.

And congrats!
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

Thanks.
One time I came across a web page which contained an email address to contact CIC after 6 weeks from the application date but unable to find that page now. If anybody knows an email to contact them please let me know.

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You'll need to add the baby to your application and complete all the requisite forms etc - not sure you can add it until you've got your file number, as if you send everything in now they won't be able to match it up anyway. So wait until you've got the birth certificate etc, and then once you've got your file number just send it all in together.

And congrats!
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 4:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

You can send a case specific enquiry via the website, or somebody may be able to give you an email address if you can tell us which visa office you are applying via?

Are you sure it was 6 weeks after applying though? That's very early, and you wouldn't normally expect to have your file number by then.
Old Sep 3rd 2011, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

I applied under FSW category directly to CIC. My country visa office is Colombo, Sri Lanka.
I saw on the CIC web site an email to contact them mentioning they will reply only if it is 6 weeks since they have received the application & I think it was for those who have not yet received a file no.
Old Sep 6th 2011, 4:39 am
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

And congrats!
Unless the baby is born in Canada, in which case it is a Canadian citizen by birth. You still must inform CIC, but you don't add them to your application for PR.
Old Sep 6th 2011, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

Don't wait too long. As soon as you have PR or are far in the process they might not add the baby on your app anymore and you'll have to apply for the baby again.
Old Sep 9th 2011, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

AhmadQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I'am in the same situation, & I want to ask; is birth certificate enough to add the baby to the application? or I must get a passport for him first, then add it to the application?

Thanks
Ahmad
Old Sep 10th 2011, 4:38 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by AhmadQ
Hi,

I'am in the same situation, & I want to ask; is birth certificate enough to add the baby to the application? or I must get a passport for him first, then add it to the application?

Thanks
Ahmad
You need a passport.