British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   New Atlantic AIPP program?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/new-atlantic-aipp-program-904060/)

Siouxie Jan 27th 2018 5:12 am

Re: New Atlantic AIPP program??

Originally Posted by Loraine 1 (Post 12428390)
OMG I can't believe I'm still waiting for my provincial letter of support! I was in NS last week (had to come back :thumbdown:) and so went into the immigration office. I was told the process is 4-6 weeks and I'm at week 7. Yesterday they contacted my employer and asked for some more documentation, so I've no idea how long it'll take from now.

I was told by ISANS that I can get a work permit at the boarded when I land, but since found out this isn't the case. I've also been told that I could possibly get it if I fly via Toronto as they are not part of the AIPP process.

I'm concerned that my employers were told 4-8 weeks by immigration, we're now at nearly 4 months and it could be another 2 months. What's the chances my employer will get sick of waiting and the job offer 'disappears'?

Anyone had a similar experience with AIPP? Can I sideswipe the work permit wait if I land outside of the Atlantic provinces?

That must be incredibly frustrating!

Unfortunately, according to CIC, AIPP supported work permits can't be applied for at a port of entry.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-code-c18.html
Foreign nationals applying for a work permit under the AIPP are not eligible to apply at a Port of Entry.

TheNorms Feb 24th 2018 8:45 pm

I’m going over to PEI, i started job hunting mid October, and started talking to a few employers and actually received 3 job offers! Great we thought but then we had to decide where we wanted to live first, once we decided that the choice of what job to accept was easy. I received my job offer the week of Christmas and received my province endorsement in January. My employer got locked out of the employer portal so getting my employee number was frustrating slow. But finally I got it and I am now waiting for my TWP application to be processed. I hope it’s done so I can be in Canada by mid to late March. It still feels very strange as it’s all happened so fast. I’m now getting our PR application in order.

feralbob Feb 25th 2018 12:04 am

Originally Posted by TheNorms (Post 12450091)
I’m going over to PEI, i started job hunting mid October, and started talking to a few employers and actually received 3 job offers! Great we thought but then we had to decide where we wanted to live first, once we decided that the choice of what job to accept was easy. I received my job offer the week of Christmas and received my province endorsement in January. My employer got locked out of the employer portal so getting my employee number was frustrating slow. But finally I got it and I am now waiting for my TWP application to be processed. I hope it’s done so I can be in Canada by mid to late March. It still feels very strange as it’s all happened so fast. I’m now getting our PR application in order.

What field of work are you in? Happy to head out for a beer once you arrive.

TheNorms Feb 25th 2018 8:49 am

Originally Posted by feralbob (Post 12450189)
What field of work are you in? Happy to head out for a beer once you arrive.

Hi Feralbob, would be good to grab a beer. I’m going over as a long haul truck driver. How long have you been on PE.

feralbob Feb 25th 2018 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by TheNorms (Post 12450358)
Hi Feralbob, would be good to grab a beer. I’m going over as a long haul truck driver. How long have you been on PE.

10 years or so. First in video game development, then just general software dev. Now working for the National Research Council of Canada in the Industrial Research Assistance Program. If you have any specific PEI questions let me know.

TheNorms Mar 7th 2018 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by feralbob (Post 12450574)
10 years or so. First in video game development, then just general software dev. Now working for the National Research Council of Canada in the Industrial Research Assistance Program. If you have any specific PEI questions let me know.

Thanks you :thumbsup:

AdamPiercy Mar 7th 2018 9:08 pm

Feralbob, good to see you on the boards. I ended up in Halifax, the job came through. I am heading over to PEI in August for a week. Would be cool to grab a beer.

Hope you are well?