New Application Queries

Old Aug 24th 2010, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

stillwaiting79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Application Queries

hi all,

I am abandoning all hopes of getting my OZ PR and now looking at Canada. I would be applying by myself as cant afford a lawyer/agent.

I was hoping to start the process asap and also hoping to get as much tips & advise possible.

a snapshot of me;
1. currently studying my masters in business in an OZ university full time - on a student visa and also working in a large organisation part time.
2. will also be studying French - start in October
3. have over 10 years of work experience and 5 out of which as a manager
4. IELTS band 8 - all above 7
5. I have passed the self evaluation for Quebec & enough points to apply under the federal skill category.
6. i do not have any relatives in Canada, never studied/visited either
7. i am single - never married - no dependents
8. i am 31 and will be able to show over $AUD30,000 in funds to move.

my questions;
1. is the Quebec immigration process entirely different to the rest of Canada?
2. Must i show proof of speaking French when/if applying for a Quebec Nomination?
3. If I wanted to get a PNP, must I apply for a PNP first before applying for the PR? or can i do both processes simultaneously?
4. I have heard that its easier to get in via Quebec (in terms of applying there), is this true?

Thank you all in advance

Cheers,
SW
Old Aug 25th 2010, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

digirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Application Queries

There is an online Quebec assessment (free) on the Canadian immigration (government) website. I spoke to a fellow who applied through Quebec (then moved to BC on arrival) . He said he was interviewed in French prior to approval.
I think you need to find an employer first for PNP - the employer initiates that.
Did you do the online assessment for skilled workers (non-quebec).
You would probably get in on the special NOC list for business if you have at least 1 year of full time equivilant work experience in business/management.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...tool/index.asp
Check out the NOC list for job examples.
1122 Professional Occupations in Business Services to Management
My friend just went this route and was approved in Sydney (~ 4 month processing time) under the old NOC special list which included college teachers.
Good luck!
Old Aug 26th 2010, 12:07 am
Just Joined

Hi digirl,

Many thanks for your reply and got a few things out of that.

Would definitely need the luck especially after giving up OZ dream.

Cheers,
SW
Old Aug 26th 2010, 12:29 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Quebec has it's own immigration procedure. They get to pick and choose who they want (and don't). If you don't speak French, not much chance, the interview is likley to be in French. When applying you have to indicate what your proficiency in French is, not what you hope it will be some time in the future.

If it was easier to get in by this method, a lot more people would be doing it. As far as I know Quebec don't have a PNP program. Ten years work experience is only an advantage if it is a demand occupation.

It may be a good idea to visit a country before trying to immigrate there. How do you know you are going to like it?

Take a look through here, lots of information in the Wiki. Once you have had a chance to digest this lots of folks on here are pleased an answer your questions.

Last edited by Aviator; Aug 26th 2010 at 12:32 am.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 1:06 am
Just Joined

Hi The Aviator,

Thank you and everything you said makes sense!

The Wiki is one of the best I have seen and I will fully research everything before proceeding.

Kind regards,
SW