needing serious help!!!

Old Jan 2nd 2010, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

gtldap is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation needing serious help!!!

i met my fiance 2 years ago, he is from the uk and i am a canadian. i have a youth mobility visa for the uk and worked there for a couple months. now we are in canada, im working and we cant get him a visa. for over a year we have tried to talk to ppl and go to the right place and we have had no luck at all. we have basically been told because he has no post-secondary education its impossible. we want to get married and settle in canada but its just been soo frustarating. how can we get this sorted?? especially before we get married. ANY advice from ppl who know about this situation, or have done something similar would be greatly appreciated.
thanks so much
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 3:18 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: needing serious help!!!

It looks to me as though you will have to marry and then sort out his visa.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

Flyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
It looks to me as though you will have to marry and then sort out his visa.
I think that is correct and even then he may have to return to the UK for a while whilst everything goes through.

Does he have a tourist visa at the moment?

Check out the CIC website for info - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...nsor/index.asp
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 7:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gtldap
i met my fiance 2 years ago, he is from the uk and i am a canadian. i have a youth mobility visa for the uk and worked there for a couple months. now we are in canada, im working and we cant get him a visa. for over a year we have tried to talk to ppl and go to the right place and we have had no luck at all. we have basically been told because he has no post-secondary education its impossible. we want to get married and settle in canada but its just been soo frustarating. how can we get this sorted?? especially before we get married. ANY advice from ppl who know about this situation, or have done something similar would be greatly appreciated.
thanks so much
How is he there now, on a visitor visa?

Can he not do Bunac (working holiday visa for Canada) if he's under 30? That would give him a year at least. Failing that, he can try and find a job offer and LMO and stay on a Temporary Work Permit, or he could go back to education and stay there on a study permit.

Alternatively, you can sponsor him as your spouse once you're married (or as your common-law spouse once you've lived together for a year). Which province are you in?

Have a read of the Wiki (on blue bar at top of page) which will give you info about all of the visa options available to him.

Good luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 3rd 2010 at 7:58 am.