need your opinion.. pls

Old Nov 11th 2004, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

azer_2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default need your opinion.. pls

Hi,

1) I have applied in Nov 2003 in Buffalo and got my AOR in 2 weeks. I have not heard form them since then. As you can see that my application is delayed, since March 2004 apllicants are receiving the IA already.
I 've tried to contact CIC Buffallo and after few inquires they have finally replied few weeks ago saying that my application is for review with the officer.
I really don't know why it's delayed and how long it's gonna be at the review. The only thing I could think of is that in July I senr letter form my school confirming that I have 3 credit hours left to comlepte my masters degree, which I will receive in december. If that delays my application whould not they notify me about that, or at least mention it when they 've replied to my inquiry? I also orders CAIPS notes, should receive them in 2 weeks

2) Also there is the meeting in Quebec of immigration ministers on nov 14-15, discussing the future immigration plans of canada. Any ideas what's going to take place? Possible raise of the passmark??

Thanks
Rasul
Old Nov 11th 2004, 9:34 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: need your opinion.. pls

1) seems that your application is not that strong or poorly documented. If you lack points without Master's degree then better hurry with your degree and submit it ASAP

2) we'll have to wait and see

Originally Posted by azer_2000
Hi,

1) I have applied in Nov 2003 in Buffalo and got my AOR in 2 weeks. I have not heard form them since then. As you can see that my application is delayed, since March 2004 apllicants are receiving the IA already.
I 've tried to contact CIC Buffallo and after few inquires they have finally replied few weeks ago saying that my application is for review with the officer.
I really don't know why it's delayed and how long it's gonna be at the review. The only thing I could think of is that in July I senr letter form my school confirming that I have 3 credit hours left to comlepte my masters degree, which I will receive in december. If that delays my application whould not they notify me about that, or at least mention it when they 've replied to my inquiry? I also orders CAIPS notes, should receive them in 2 weeks

2) Also there is the meeting in Quebec of immigration ministers on nov 14-15, discussing the future immigration plans of canada. Any ideas what's going to take place? Possible raise of the passmark??

Thanks
Rasul
Old Nov 11th 2004, 11:10 pm
Just Joined

Well, if it's not strong enough wouldn't they just reject my application, or if it's poorly documented wouldn't they notify me about that, leting me know which documents are missing??

Thanks
Rasul
Old Nov 12th 2004, 2:24 am

Not always. They may want to give you a chance when officer has time to go deeper into your case (rarely) or your case is put on back burner because it is not as simple to process as well prepared cases. There may be a dozen or so other reasons.

Officer doesn't need to ask you for anything else, unless some required docs are missing - if all required docs are there but are not conclusive enough then officer has the option to make decision on the basis of submitted evidence or to ask for more clarification or call you for interview. Remember that asking for more or calling for interview means giving you a chance to make your case which otherwise would probably be refused on the basis of evidence submitted.

This is why I say here for years - preparation, preparation and more preparation are the three key words.

Well, if it's not strong enough wouldn't they just reject my application, or if it's poorly documented wouldn't they notify me about that, leting me know which documents are missing??

Thanks
Rasul
Old Nov 12th 2004, 2:41 am
BE Enthusiast

orazone is on a distinguished road

yes , fully agree with Mr. Miller. In 2003 , when i made decision to apply for Canadian PR. I did'nt have all of the supporting documents available. I spent some 3 months collecting all docs and then took IELTS test and finally sent a complete package to CIC buffalo including FBI Clearance Cert( in 2003, it was not required to be sent with application) , all transcripts, degrees, letters from employer, tax returns, copies of driver license and other IDs, most recent payslips from current employer, reference letter from community leader and proof that I was legally living in US for atleast 1 year, paid fee to bank to prepare a special account history/balance report for settlment funds requirment etc. I received IA (Interview waived off) + medicals request+ doc request with in 6-7 months. So my personal experience says its really worth waiting for a while and sending a complete application package.
Old Nov 12th 2004, 6:38 am
Just Joined

Thanks mr.Miller for your opinion on my case.I find it really helpful. I guess I'll have a very last question. Let's say my file is put on back burner, as you say. So how long you think it will be till they ever look at my file again to make any kind of decision.

2) Also a brief question, if my application gets rejected what are my chances of obtaining the canadian student visa from the usa.

Thanks
Rasul
Old Nov 12th 2004, 6:45 am

Nobody can even guess how long it will take, but longer it takes more chances you have to submit additional evidence to make your case.

If your PR application is refused then your chances for a non-immigrant visa are very slim, if any, sorry.

Thanks mr.Miller for your opinion on my case.I find it really helpful. I guess I'll have a very last question. Let's say my file is put on back burner, as you say. So how long you think it will be till they ever look at my file again to make any kind of decision.

2) Also a brief question, if my application gets rejected what are my chances of obtaining the canadian student visa from the usa.

Thanks
Rasul