Wikiposts

need visa help (commom law)

Old May 24th 2010, 10:07 am
Just Joined

zibby10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default need visa help (commom law)

Hello to everyone on here
I’m back again asking more questions to try and find out more info
Im in the process of looking into applying for a common in law visa with my miss who a Canadian

There are many things that i need to find out still but one of the big ones are if i get approved for a common in law visa will this mean i will be able to undertake an apprenticeship program.
As i have returned to the uk and found that there are not many people willing to take on a 24 year old male as an apprentice this frustrates me a lot as i have experience in the field and know i would stick something like this out unlike half of the kids who left school with me went into apprenticeships and ended dropping out after half a year.

And if anyone knows if i am not able to take part in an apprenticeship program can i still get into some kind of schooling ie day courses or part time without having to get a student visa

Any help would be awesome guys thanks again 
Old May 24th 2010, 4:22 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: need visa help (commom law)

If you are applying outland sponsorship (ie your good Mrs in Canada you in the UK and marking the application for processing in the UK) then thr whole thing from start to finish (ie your pr) should be done in around 6 months if not sooner. Theres no approval stage etc when applying outland just direct to decision.

This means you can work / study / apprentice / pole dance whetever takes your fancy.

If you are applying inland (ie app to be processed in Canada) it's a longer process and normally the sponsored person (you) would include an application for an open work permit in with the full app, this is because you are presumably in Canada and unable to work, so as soon as the sposor is approved to sponsor you, then an open work permit gets issued too. This stage is normally reached between 6 and 8 months. With full pr taking around 6 months longer.

for you to undertake an apprenticeship you would need an open work permit anyway - so weither way you apply - be it inland or outland you'll be ok to do your apprenticeship!
Old May 25th 2010, 10:20 am
Just Joined

zibby10 is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you for your help i always find that this site really helps me get the info i need

one other thing when i get onto the website and start researching where and what i should be applying for (ie the proper name of the visa) am i right that it comes under the category of the spouse/family area ???

any help ?

thanks again very one
Old May 25th 2010, 10:56 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zibby10
thank you for your help i always find that this site really helps me get the info i need

one other thing when i get onto the website and start researching where and what i should be applying for (ie the proper name of the visa) am i right that it comes under the category of the spouse/family area ???

any help ?

thanks again very one
Thar she blows

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...-apply-how.asp