Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

need urgent help with travel info!

need urgent help with travel info!

Old Nov 30th 2014, 8:14 am
Just Joined

thebritishcyclist is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation need urgent help with travel info!

got to send my documents off before the end of december!

this is the last thing on my list.

now im not sure if this is a painfully obvious question or not but thats why im asking, i cant afford for my papers to be sent back

ive listed all the trips take outside my home country (england)

including moving to canada (should i count that as a trip?)

example:

2013/08 - 2013/08 / moved to canada / ottawa, canada / working.

is this ok?

my main dilemma, is that should i be listing all the time spent in canada in between the trips too?

like after a two week trip, list the 2 months back in canada, then a 4 day trip, list 5 months in canada... so on and so forth.

stressing hard here! any help would be really awesome!

thanks heaps in advance!
Old Nov 30th 2014, 8:19 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: need urgent help with travel info!

Originally Posted by thebritishcyclist
got to send my documents off before the end of december!

this is the last thing on my list.

now im not sure if this is a painfully obvious question or not but thats why im asking, i cant afford for my papers to be sent back

ive listed all the trips take outside my home country (england)

including moving to canada (should i count that as a trip?)

example:

2013/08 - 2013/08 / moved to canada / ottawa, canada / working.

is this ok?

my main dilemma, is that should i be listing all the time spent in canada in between the trips too?

like after a two week trip, list the 2 months back in canada, then a 4 day trip, list 5 months in canada... so on and so forth.

stressing hard here! any help would be really awesome!

thanks heaps in advance!
It might help if you mentioned what it is that you're applying for.
Old Nov 30th 2014, 8:27 am
Just Joined

thebritishcyclist is an unknown quantity at this point

damn! sorry, not thinking straight! im applying CEC residency.
Old Nov 30th 2014, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Twitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond repute

Thought you need to list time away from Canada? They will be looking for information to back up your citizen application - you need to have been physically present in Canada for 1095 days with a certain timeframe to apply.
There is a residency calculator on the CIC website - by memory I think you input relevant dates and it tells you the earliest date you can apply, then you input time outside the country and it tells you a revised date.
Old Nov 30th 2014, 11:13 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Twitcher1958
Thought you need to list time away from Canada? They will be looking for information to back up your citizen application - you need to have been physically present in Canada for 1095 days with a certain timeframe to apply.
There is a residency calculator on the CIC website - by memory I think you input relevant dates and it tells you the earliest date you can apply, then you input time outside the country and it tells you a revised date.
Think you may have misread the question. This is for PR not citizenship
Old Nov 30th 2014, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Twitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond repute

Just realized - sorry!
Old Dec 1st 2014, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

itsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond repute

My understanding was yes. Take your home country e.g. UK and list all trips out of the country including date left and date back. If your home country changes (e.g. to Canada) then use that new country as the base and list all trip out of that country. Fill in the form and then use another sheet to continue. My husband filled up most of a second sheet listing his business and family trips. It was a pain but it is best to give as much information as possible even though it can be hard to find records for every trip. I know that trips in and out of Europe/ UK often don't end up with a stamp in your passport. Do the best you can. Be as honest as possible.

I am guessing they are looking for inconsistencies with any travel records they may have relating to your passport and possibly whether any "suspect" trips have taken place ( dodgy countries/ suspect border crossings).
Old Dec 1st 2014, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

itsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond repute

Just to clarify. I am sure that somewhere it explains that your home country is where you are resident. In other words for you it changes in 2013/8 from England to Canada. Hope this helps. This was how we filled out the form and so far have had no problems.