Need URGENT Advise

Old Apr 25th 2010, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

jct66 has a brilliant futurejct66 has a brilliant futurejct66 has a brilliant futurejct66 has a brilliant futurejct66 has a brilliant futurejct66 has a brilliant futurejct66 has a brilliant futurejct66 has a brilliant future
Default Need URGENT Advise

Please bear with me here, its long........

Husband went out to Canada in early Jan this year, to work as a long haul trucker, on a tempory work permit, with intent to gain his PR .

Then i turned up to join him, with kids, only to be told by him, that he will not support me or the children, and walked away. He decided our marriage is over, no reason given.

I am now stuck here, with little money, everything I had was sold back in the UK, I have nothing to go back to, even IF i could afford the flights home.

When the LMO was done for him , my name and the kids names were put on the questionnaire sheet, so from the Gov point of view, we was all planning on living out there with him. What can I do, can I go to the local GOV and file for maintainance to get him to support me? or/and will he loose his job, for failing to carry on his duties, ie taking and supporting his family? I was reading somewhere this may be looked upon as he telling lies to gain the LMO, as he had no intent on supporting us, he thought I would never come over at the planned date so it seems. Help
Old Apr 26th 2010, 12:19 am
BE Enthusiast

AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Need URGENT Advise

Whether he will support you or not, it still means you can apply for an open work permit, as his spouse, to allow you to work in Canada for anyone, anywhere.

With this you can then begin your own application for PR (I believe), if you wanted to stay.
Old Apr 26th 2010, 12:42 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdrianR
Whether he will support you or not, it still means you can apply for an open work permit, as his spouse, to allow you to work in Canada for anyone, anywhere.

With this you can then begin your own application for PR (I believe), if you wanted to stay.
^^Specifically http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousa..._inside_Canada

If you don't want to stay, you could also contact the nearest British consulate.

You don't say where you are (i.e. which Province) but you could probably sue his arse to hell and back too.

Good luck, the bastard might at least have told you before you arrived.
Old Apr 26th 2010, 1:37 am
Just Joined

jct66 has a brilliant futurejct66 has a brilliant futurejct66 has a brilliant futurejct66 has a brilliant futurejct66 has a brilliant futurejct66 has a brilliant futurejct66 has a brilliant futurejct66 has a brilliant future

Thanks, encoraging. I would like more info on his LMO application too, since he left to work here, before this he gave me no money, he kept coming up with excuses that hes just living on training wages etc and could not afford to send any money yet, which I accepted because I was just thinking of the new life before us all. Now I am here, Im in a mess, yes I could apply for he work permit on spouse condtions, does he have to agree to that?

The questionaire he filled out, states my name, my childrens names, and at the very end where he signed, it says, that he must not have put any false details in, but to me, he has, because in his mind, he abandoned me and the children when he first went out there, he was just biding his time, he planned all this, surley this is false information he gave to the employer for immigration purposes, he now owes me maintenece since begging of febuary 2010. This could lead to him getting sacked and being asked to leave the country, if i chose to open my mouth and tell relevant people, what he has done?
Old Apr 26th 2010, 1:53 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by AdrianR

No she can't as Truckers are categorized as NOC level C, so the spouse is only eligible in Alberta.
Old Apr 26th 2010, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

which province you are in.. and what education do YOU have??
Doesn't help much to venge now..but better trying to get on with your own life?
To sue cost money, which seems to be tight?

What do YOU want? stay in Canada..or rather going back?
Old Apr 26th 2010, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

Bramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to allBramley is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jct66

Husband went out to Canada in early Jan this year, to work as a long haul trucker, on a tempory work permit, with intent to gain his PR .

Then i turned up to join him, with kids, only to be told by him, that he will not support me or the children, and walked away. He decided our marriage is over, no reason given.

I am now stuck here, with little money, everything I had was sold back in the UK, I have nothing to go back to, even IF i could afford the flights home.

When the LMO was done for him , my name and the kids names were put on the questionnaire sheet, so from the Gov point of view, we was all planning on living out there with him. What can I do, can I go to the local GOV and file for maintainance to get him to support me? or/and will he loose his job, for failing to carry on his duties, ie taking and supporting his family? I was reading somewhere this may be looked upon as he telling lies to gain the LMO, as he had no intent on supporting us, he thought I would never come over at the planned date so it seems. Help
OMG that's terrible!!! my heart goes out to you. How someone can do such a thing to his family is so cruel and unbelievable. It's so difficult to emigrate to start with and to put you in a situation like that is the worst thing anyone could do. I can't advise you on what to do for the best but sincerely hope you manage to salvage something from this terrible situation.
Old Apr 26th 2010, 7:41 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

I really feel for you and cant believe that this man can do this to you and the children, he is a disgrace!
Good luck whatever you do, and as previous posters have said, you need to decide what you want to do and where you want to live.

If I were you I would be spitting nails right now! If you can, take your time and take care of you and the kids first.
Old Apr 26th 2010, 8:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jct66

In light of the short time that you have been in Canada, it seems to me that any form of Divorce will be governed by the English Courts. You may be able to make an application for interim child support and spousal support in Canada but, for example, Alberta requires a year of residency in the Province before jurisdication passes to Alberta. I would check out your local law centre for advice.

Best of luck