Need some advise please

Old Jun 7th 2009, 1:39 am
Kent to (hopefully) Banff

neilrufc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need some advise please

Hi,

I am going to apply for criminal rehabilitation for a police caution 9 years ago. The caution does not show up on my police checks but I need the dates for the criminal rehabilition (day, month, year). My local police station have pointed me back in the direction of a police check - where do I go from here please? Can I just but the year on the criminal rehab form and add a letter to explain why?

Thanks
Old Jun 7th 2009, 2:28 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need some advise please

Are you saying that the police have no record of your caution? Are you sure that it even exists?
Old Jun 7th 2009, 2:43 am

Thanks for the reply,

I recieved the caution is 2000 - I was 20. There is no record of it on the standard police check (just about to send off for the new type to see if it comes back with no live trace etc). I have applied for the BUNAC visa and I have been tottally honest and declared the caution.

I have been worrying about this so I thought it would be a good idea to apply for criminal rehabilitation but I need the dates of the caution.

I am tottally confused here and have been thinking of heading to the Embassy for advise.

Just going to add this - in 2005, I went to the embassy in London (as I was worrying about not been allowed into Canada) before travelling to Canada. I explained I had received a Police Caution. The lady said I would have a Police record. I showed her my standard Police check (which was clean). She then said I have no a record and as far as she is concerned, I am allowed to travel and gave me letter which stated I have been to the Canadian embassy in case any problems did arise (which did not)

I am so confused!
Old Jun 7th 2009, 2:46 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neilrufc
Thanks for the reply,

I recieved the caution is 2000 - I was 20. There is no record of it on the standard police check (just about to send off for the new type to see if it comes back with no live trace etc). I have applied for the BUNAC visa and I have been tottally honest and declared the caution.
Apply for a Subject Access request to the local police force to see if they have details. You can also do a national police Subject Access check at the same time, feel GBP10.
Old Jun 7th 2009, 3:12 am

Thanks - the subject access check - that is the acpo police check at £35 right? The standard check I already have one for this year - although it is 5 months old.

If it comes back with no live trace, there have been files on the police computers at some point - what would you suggests I do please where this criminal rehabilitation is concerned?

If it comes back with no trace, what happens then with the fact I have disclosed the caution in my BUNAC forms?

Thanks again for the reply!!
Old Jun 7th 2009, 8:29 am

Hi again,

I have been googleing and searching this forum for subject access check. I will apply for it but have the feeling nothing will show up.

I remember when I was cautioned, I was told that I will have this caution for 5 years. If I get in trouble again, the charge will be brought back up and I would be the poop. If I was stay out of trouble (which I have) the caution would be destroyed after the 5 years. If this is not on my local subject access, where will that leave me. I have been honest on BUNAC application form but I would like to send off for criminal rehabilatation but I only have the year of the caution but neither the day of month.
Old Jun 8th 2009, 5:19 am

Hi,

I received this today -

In April 2006 the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) introduced new guidelines for the retention of records on the Police National Computer (PNC): convictions, cautions, reprimands and warnings are recorded on the PNC and will no longer be removed from record. The guidelines apply to existing as well as newly recorded information on the PNC. However, if your caution was more than 5 years old before April 2006 it is likely that the information was removed from our records before the introduction of the new guidelines.

I am guessing that because I received my Police Caution at the start of 2000, it could well have been destroyed. If completely destroyed, how would this show up on the ACPO surely it would come back with NO TRACE?

I will find out in 10 days but just worrying I suppose.

Thanks