Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Need some advice on how to get to work quickly in Canada

Need some advice on how to get to work quickly in Canada

Old Dec 7th 2011, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

nmford is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need some advice on how to get to work quickly in Canada

Hello,

Me and my partner decided to get married and I am currently in Canada with her, and save for some ongoing contract jobs I have from the USA I am unemployed. (She is canadian).

A quick look at craigslist and the job bank tells me there are a lot of positions open around Toronto for my field of work (Web Development).

What's the best way for us to proceed to get me working here in Canada? Going for PR through spousal sponsorship? Or trying to get an LMO?

I don't know what the timeline for each looks like or how difficult LMOs are to get in that field at the moment and I would appreciate any feedback possible. For those who are wondering we are getting married on the 19th of this month

Thanks