Need some advice

Old Mar 25th 2011, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

CalgaryStampeder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need some advice

Ok, so we have decided to move to Canada, only in the research stage so far. I am 18 years old and my parents also intend to move, I have 3 year post high school education and a diploma in IT, my father has been a vehicle mechanic for over 10 years however my mother is unemployed. We have a very large amount of money to hand so that is no issue and are in good health, can anybody give tell me the easiest way to go about this, would it be easier for me to apply using the PNP route and bring my parents in, or maybe for my father to apply to FSW?
Old Mar 25th 2011, 10:10 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need some advice

I'm guessing that you wanting to go to Calgary/Alberta? Have a good look through the wiki. If your Dad wants to work as a mechanic then he will have to resit his trade exams after proving he has enough experience to be able to take them have a look at http://www.tradesecrets.gov.ab.ca/ or this link for the red seal http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplace...al/index.shtml

I would think it's easier for your parents to apply with you on the application. I believe sponsoring a parent could take as much a 13 years these days I'm no expert, someone will be along and clarify the details.

Mechanics are still in high demand, although I don't think they are on the magic list anymore. We came out on vacation and my husband inquired at a few dealerships about jobs, he was able to get a job at one that was happy enough to fill out the paperwork for a LMO and TWP, that could be the way for you to go also?
Old Mar 25th 2011, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

CalgaryStampeder is an unknown quantity at this point

Kinda confused me a bit because up till this point I was planning on moving alone using PNP but suddenly my parents have decided to join me so I'm now trying to work out if it would be easier with my dad doing a trade job rather than my IT. Would it be worth looking into PNP with my dad being the principal applicant?
Old Mar 25th 2011, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute

At the moment It would be easier with your dad to be the main applicant.

If you wanted to come over and try out life in canada you could look into http://www.bunac.org.uk/uk/workcanada/

this is a 1 year working holiday visa and is designed for people like you who are 18-30 who may not have much work experience and a.
Old Mar 26th 2011, 2:50 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CalgaryStampeder
Kinda confused me a bit because up till this point I was planning on moving alone using PNP but suddenly my parents have decided to join me so I'm now trying to work out if it would be easier with my dad doing a trade job rather than my IT. Would it be worth looking into PNP with my dad being the principal applicant?
I've already said it's probably going to be easier for your dad to be the principal applicant with you as a dependent, I think you can be a dependent until age 21, someone will correct me. Check out the WIKI.