Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Need piece of mind with applying for my TWP at port of entry in Seattle

Need piece of mind with applying for my TWP at port of entry in Seattle

Old Nov 3rd 2008, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

theresaginter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need piece of mind with applying for my TWP at port of entry in Seattle

I am currently in Canada as a visitor and had to extend my visitor visa it is still in process...( by the way I am a german citizen)
I found an employer and my Lawyers are currently working to get my LMO and Work permit application ready.
They told me to go down to the border poleflag and then to get my Visa issued at the POE.
I am very concerned that it could not work out allthough I have all the required documents.
Please can anybody give me a good advice?Peace of mind. has someone done it?
:
Theresa
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 7:35 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need piece of mind with applying for my TWP at port of entry in Seattle

Hello, Theresa, and welcome to the BE forum.

Many members of this forum have done it.

These Wiki articles may help:
x
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 8:08 pm
Sempai

retsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to all
Default Re: Need piece of mind with applying for my TWP at port of entry in Seattle

Originally Posted by theresaginter

I am currently in Canada as a visitor and had to extend my visitor visa it is still in process...( by the way I am a german citizen)
I found an employer and my Lawyers are currently working to get my LMO and Work permit application ready.
They told me to go down to the border poleflag and then to get my Visa issued at the POE.
I am very concerned that it could not work out allthough I have all the required documents.
Please can anybody give me a good advice?Peace of mind. has someone done it?
:
Theresa
It should be fairly straight forward. What is important in your case is that you make sure you have a certified translation of your highest degree. As I am a German speaking BE forum member myself (I am Austrian) I had to make sure that CIC only accept French or English documents. Everything else needs to be translated and "certified". There are many translation services in Canada that can do that for you.

Apart from that make sure you have supporting documentation, such as letters of reference that you can do the job you have been offered.

The flag-pole ride is apparently not so bad. When you get to the US Border, ask them about allowing to simply drive around the flag pole. Make sure they certify that you _withdrew_ your application to enter the USA (that is important so that you do not get mistaken for somone that was refused entry). After that is should be plain sailing

Also mach' Dir keine Sorgen, dass wird schon klappen.