Wikiposts

need more help please guys !

Old Jun 18th 2009, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

zibby10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default need more help please guys !

well im back on here writing again to find out more information.
this time looking to find out if its possible for me to get an apprenticeship in carpentry ?

i am on a 1 year Bunac working holiday visa visiting my girlfriend who i met traveling in Australia. we have been together now for coming up to 9 months this includes 5 months in Australia. iv almost done my first month here in Vancouver and its been abit up and down the ups have been great ie see my girl and spending time with her and getting our bond back just like in Australia,whistler,meeting new people, trying new foods, hearing them say trunk instead of boot, and how brilliantly crap the drivers seem to be here !!!!

bad stuff is no proper friends, no transport ,no job yet well iv done a few cash in hand jobs, and i have very limited funds as i spent two months in the uk after a 19 month trip in Australia and then came straight out to bc to be with her. things will take time and i know once i get a job sorted my own car get back into playing football and start making a little money things will really pick up.
i know this country has some awesome things to offer me i went mountain biking last week in whistler so so good!!! im crazy for it and im crazy about snowboarding!! too so there are many things that hold me.

i just want to get a job sorted out and hopefully if things work stay here as the uk has become a huge mess with work and other issues.

i really want to get into carpentry but my visa wont let me go on education programs ie apprenticeships (well i dont think so)

so does Canada have a sponsorship program like Australia where if the company takes you on then you are 99 percent sorted with staying in the country ?

if not then any other help please !!! as im in need of getting these things done now im ready for a real job and want to start my life with my girl.
or if you guys know of any companies that can help me with work in this area or how about getting into the field ? any help is better than none

thank you guys there's always someone here to help
Old Jun 18th 2009, 6:37 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: need more help please guys !

Originally Posted by zibby10
well im back on here writing again to find out more information.
this time looking to find out if its possible for me to get an apprenticeship in carpentry ?

i am on a 1 year Bunac working holiday visa visiting my girlfriend who i met traveling in Australia. we have been together now for coming up to 9 months this includes 5 months in Australia. iv almost done my first month here in Vancouver and its been abit up and down the ups have been great ie see my girl and spending time with her and getting our bond back just like in Australia,whistler,meeting new people, trying new foods, hearing them say trunk instead of boot, and how brilliantly crap the drivers seem to be here !!!!

bad stuff is no proper friends, no transport ,no job yet well iv done a few cash in hand jobs, and i have very limited funds as i spent two months in the uk after a 19 month trip in Australia and then came straight out to bc to be with her. things will take time and i know once i get a job sorted my own car get back into playing football and start making a little money things will really pick up.
i know this country has some awesome things to offer me i went mountain biking last week in whistler so so good!!! im crazy for it and im crazy about snowboarding!! too so there are many things that hold me.

i just want to get a job sorted out and hopefully if things work stay here as the uk has become a huge mess with work and other issues.

i really want to get into carpentry but my visa wont let me go on education programs ie apprenticeships (well i dont think so)

so does Canada have a sponsorship program like Australia where if the company takes you on then you are 99 percent sorted with staying in the country ?

if not then any other help please !!! as im in need of getting these things done now im ready for a real job and want to start my life with my girl.
or if you guys know of any companies that can help me with work in this area or how about getting into the field ? any help is better than none

thank you guys there's always someone here to help
I'm sorry, but you can't get a TWP for an apprenticeship. You would need to be a PR to do an apprenticeship. The only option is a study permit if you could find a college or uni course that you wanted to do? But bear in mind you can only work 20 hours a week on campus, and only after the first 6 months, on a study permit.

I would imagine your best bet is to wait until you've lived with your girlfriend for a year, make sure you gather plenty of proof in the meantime, and then apply for spousal sponsorship. That way you should have PR within 3-6 months of applying, and you can always try and get a job to get a TWP in the meantime.

Good luck.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: need more help please guys !

...and you would be paying international fees...