NEED INFO...Please help

Old Nov 27th 2005, 2:38 am
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 3
amigoinc is an unknown quantity at this point
Question NEED INFO...Please help

My timeline:
App: Feb 2005
AOR: March 2005
IELTS request: AUG 2005
IELTS results: OCT 2005
CAIPS notes: Bring forward date: Mar 21, 2006

1) Any clues on when my IA will be complete?.

2) Is there a possibility to call for an interview after IA complete or Medical complete.

3) Also i have been hearing some rumors that CIC might increase the overall point requirement. Will that affect my case then as i just qualify with my current points.

My overall point score is exactly 67 points. I am single and have 7 years work experience as a software engineer. I have also scored R-9, L-9, S-7, W-8 in IELTS (so 16 points).

I am currently working in the US and planning to go back to my home country in Apr 2006. I hope i could complete IA and medical formalities before that?.

Any help/input is very much appreciated.
amigoinc is offline  
Old Nov 27th 2005, 4:11 am
  #2  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEED INFO...Please help

You need to provide more info - visa post and category applied under, your nationality and countries you lived in are needed to give you any rough estimate.

But basically - if you applied through Buffalo as skilled worker and without arranged wmployment then don't expect IA (initial assessment with interview decision and medical forms) before the end of 2006 and if interview waived then conclusion 5 to 12+ months later.

Do something about your points score as you will ve assessed against pass mark in place at the time of assessment, regardless what was the pass mark when you applied.

http://www.canlii.org/ca/regu/sor2-227/sec77.html



Originally Posted by amigoinc
My timeline:
App: Feb 2005
AOR: March 2005
IELTS request: AUG 2005
IELTS results: OCT 2005
CAIPS notes: Bring forward date: Mar 21, 2006

1) Any clues on when my IA will be complete?.

2) Is there a possibility to call for an interview after IA complete or Medical complete.

3) Also i have been hearing some rumors that CIC might increase the overall point requirement. Will that affect my case then as i just qualify with my current points.

My overall point score is exactly 67 points. I am single and have 7 years work experience as a software engineer. I have also scored R-9, L-9, S-7, W-8 in IELTS (so 16 points).

I am currently working in the US and planning to go back to my home country in Apr 2006. I hope i could complete IA and medical formalities before that?.

Any help/input is very much appreciated.
Andrew Miller is offline  
Old Nov 27th 2005, 4:45 am
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 3
amigoinc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEED INFO...Please help

Thanks for your prompt response.

Yes, I applied for the Skilled worker category in Buffalo. I am from India and i am living in the US for the last 6 years.

I see people in forum who have applied in Aug - Sep 2004 have already got their medicals done and waiting for their PPR. Why it would take my case till end of next year?. I was expecting something in the March timeframe. My only concern is that i plan to leave US and go back to India in April and i hope that it would affect my application( especially i dont want my application to be moved to New Delhi as its very slow there). Any advice is appreciated.

Also i am going to try for a job in Canada starting next month just to try my luck in that.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
You need to provide more info - visa post and category applied under, your nationality and countries you lived in are needed to give you any rough estimate.

But basically - if you applied through Buffalo as skilled worker and without arranged wmployment then don't expect IA (initial assessment with interview decision and medical forms) before the end of 2006 and if interview waived then conclusion 5 to 12+ months later.

Do something about your points score as you will ve assessed against pass mark in place at the time of assessment, regardless what was the pass mark when you applied.

http://www.canlii.org/ca/regu/sor2-227/sec77.html
amigoinc is offline  
Old Nov 27th 2005, 5:17 am
  #4  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEED INFO...Please help

Because processing times are much longer now due to 2 reasons - (1) more applications being submitted and (2) previously frozen for 2 years old pre-2002 cases getting back to process since last July with highest priority.

All visa posts are experiencing now additional delays of 1 to 3+ years due to settlement cases taking most of processing resources and visas from annual quotas.

Please browse this forum for more info about settlement cases and delays caused.


Originally Posted by amigoinc
Thanks for your prompt response.

Yes, I applied for the Skilled worker category in Buffalo. I am from India and i am living in the US for the last 6 years.

I see people in forum who have applied in Aug - Sep 2004 have already got their medicals done and waiting for their PPR. Why it would take my case till end of next year?. I was expecting something in the March timeframe. My only concern is that i plan to leave US and go back to India in April and i hope that it would affect my application( especially i dont want my application to be moved to New Delhi as its very slow there). Any advice is appreciated.

Also i am going to try for a job in Canada starting next month just to try my luck in that.

Thanks
Andrew Miller is offline  
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 2:43 am
  #5  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Kelowna, BC
Posts: 346
NikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant future
Default Re: NEED INFO...Please help

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Because processing times are much longer now due to 2 reasons - (1) more applications being submitted and (2) previously frozen for 2 years old pre-2002 cases getting back to process since last July with highest priority.

All visa posts are experiencing now additional delays of 1 to 3+ years due to settlement cases taking most of processing resources and visas from annual quotas.

Please browse this forum for more info about settlement cases and delays caused.
Hi Andrew
Lots of threads on the forum about processing times.
I just wanted to clarify something. I assume that the 36+ months now quoted on AORs from London takes into account the settlement cases.
I wonder what the impact is for AORs received prior to July 2005? Am assuming there will be additional delays? I just read a new thread entitled 'June 2004 applicants' where a letter has been received by an applicant from CIC stating that processing will start later than specified in their AOR.
I would just like to clarify the situation since: this topic is regularly discussed in varying formats on this forum; there has been no official announcement and; only a few reported notifications of changes to processing times from CIC. Also the 'Processing Times' section of the CIC website is not that helpful (since timelines for past applications are no indication for the future).
Thanks for your help
Nik
NikkiNu is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.