Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

need help on UK Criminal Record, worring to death!!!

need help on UK Criminal Record, worring to death!!!

Old Nov 4th 2013, 1:48 am
Just Joined

lolococo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default need help on UK Criminal Record, worring to death!!!

Hi All,

Found this forum today, hope someone may help me on this issue.
Applied FDW on June this year under the NOC code: 2147, Today I have got a status update on CIC says the medical results have been recieved. At this stage, the HK Visa Office didn't ask me to summit the UK Acro Police Certificate. (I was studying for a masters degree in London From 2002 to 2006). in early 2006 I was driving my friend's car after a party, the reason I had to drive it is because he passed out on that party that I had to take him to a hospital. I was pulled over by the police on the way on suspicion of drunk driving, they measured my breath and the reading was insuficient, and I have been told that I had to go with them to take another test on a more accurate machine, which I did , and reading again was insuficient, then they put me in a cell and told me to wait for a doctor to take my blood. while I was waiting in the cell, a police officer told me the car I was driving was not inssured that I had to go to court next morning, later on the doctor camne and took my blood. I was taken to court for driving withou insurance and plead guity, the verdict was 200 Puonds Fine or Serve one day, because I was aleady in a cell for one night waitihg for the doctor so the fine was waived on the court. A month later I got a call saying my blood test result was clean, the charrge on drink driving was droped.

When I summited my application to CIC in June this year,I didnlt declare this as I thought 7 year's has passed this conviction would be inrrelevent, and my Chinese Police Certificate is clean(That is the one I summited along with my application). 2 weeks before when I receive the medical exam requet for VO, I thought they might ask me to summit my UK Police certificate later ,so I got one from ACRO and it came back with the details of My conviction.

I want to ask for help here, even though this is a British Expats forum, I think some on could put the difference away and give me some advice.

1.I have say I am so shame about what I did back in London, I was young and stupid.
2.Anyong has experience would know that if the VO still ask for the Police Certificate at this stage of my application being Processed?
3.What do I do if the VO did ask me to summit that?
4.What about the misinterpration that I didn't declare it originally, would that be a problem. and What do I do?

Thanks in anvance.
Old Nov 4th 2013, 12:39 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: need help on UK Criminal Record, worring to death!!!

Originally Posted by lolococo
Hi All,

Found this forum today, hope someone may help me on this issue.
Applied FDW on June this year under the NOC code: 2147, Today I have got a status update on CIC says the medical results have been recieved. At this stage, the HK Visa Office didn't ask me to summit the UK Acro Police Certificate. (I was studying for a masters degree in London From 2002 to 2006). in early 2006 I was driving my friend's car after a party, the reason I had to drive it is because he passed out on that party that I had to take him to a hospital. I was pulled over by the police on the way on suspicion of drunk driving, they measured my breath and the reading was insuficient, and I have been told that I had to go with them to take another test on a more accurate machine, which I did , and reading again was insuficient, then they put me in a cell and told me to wait for a doctor to take my blood. while I was waiting in the cell, a police officer told me the car I was driving was not inssured that I had to go to court next morning, later on the doctor camne and took my blood. I was taken to court for driving withou insurance and plead guity, the verdict was 200 Puonds Fine or Serve one day, because I was aleady in a cell for one night waitihg for the doctor so the fine was waived on the court. A month later I got a call saying my blood test result was clean, the charrge on drink driving was droped.

When I summited my application to CIC in June this year,I didnlt declare this as I thought 7 year's has passed this conviction would be inrrelevent, and my Chinese Police Certificate is clean(That is the one I summited along with my application). 2 weeks before when I receive the medical exam requet for VO, I thought they might ask me to summit my UK Police certificate later ,so I got one from ACRO and it came back with the details of My conviction.

I want to ask for help here, even though this is a British Expats forum, I think some on could put the difference away and give me some advice.

1.I have say I am so shame about what I did back in London, I was young and stupid.
2.Anyong has experience would know that if the VO still ask for the Police Certificate at this stage of my application being Processed?
3.What do I do if the VO did ask me to summit that?
4.What about the misinterpration that I didn't declare it originally, would that be a problem. and What do I do?

Thanks in anvance.
They may still ask for it and then again they may not. CIC work in mysterious ways ;0). If they do ask for it, you will need to explain why you didn't declare it on your original form and you can expect that it likely will be a problem, as in their eyes you have withheld the truth from them. You will need to be truthful and hope for the best.
Old Nov 4th 2013, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
They may still ask for it and then again they may not. CIC work in mysterious ways ;0). If they do ask for it, you will need to explain why you didn't declare it on your original form and you can expect that it likely will be a problem, as in their eyes you have withheld the truth from them. You will need to be truthful and hope for the best.
thanks for your reply, so you reckon the Police Certificate with my conviction on it wouldn't be a problem, the hard bit is how to explain to them that I have withheld the information about this?
Old Nov 4th 2013, 2:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

The offence itself won't render you inadmissible but the misrepresentation (not declaring the offence) could. All you can do is see if CIC accept the application and take it from there.
Old Nov 4th 2013, 6:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lolococo
the HK Visa Office didn't ask me to summit the UK Acro Police Certificate.
You were supposed to submit a police cert for anywhere you'd lived for 6 months or more. Presumably you declared your time in the UK on your application?
Old Nov 7th 2013, 12:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You were supposed to submit a police cert for anywhere you'd lived for 6 months or more. Presumably you declared your time in the UK on your application?
yes,I had to, ca� �se both my degre� ��s are from UK.