Need Help / TWP / ARRIVAL

Old Jul 9th 2008, 12:59 am
Just Joined

ghostrider2611 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need Help / TWP / ARRIVAL

Hi All, have found some great info and advice on this site, keep up the great work,
ok a little bit about me, with around 50 of my fellow bus drivers, i have been offerd a job with calgary transit driving, it seems they have a shortage of pro drivers, i have a contract, subject to work permit and being allowed entry into canada so a couple of questions you may be able to help with,
1) have started my TWP appliction am i able to submit this without a current LMO CERT, calgary transit are seeking a pre approved LMO at present, the CIC site mentions that TWP/LMO can now run on a concurrent basis, or is this for under pressure jobs only??
2) i am planning to move with my partner of 3 yrs, we are going to apply for the open spouse TWP on POE, any help or advice regarding this.
3) how can you secure/rent accomadation before arriving in canada?? we are looking to rent a 1/2 bed apartment for the first 6 months??
4) we are going to book a recce trip for october / meet the guys at calgary transit / look around and get our bearings, any help or advice regarding this!

Thanks in advance for your comments and help, kev.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 5:30 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need Help / TWP / ARRIVAL

Hi

Originally Posted by ghostrider2611
Hi All, have found some great info and advice on this site, keep up the great work,
ok a little bit about me, with around 50 of my fellow bus drivers, i have been offerd a job with calgary transit driving, it seems they have a shortage of pro drivers, i have a contract, subject to work permit and being allowed entry into canada so a couple of questions you may be able to help with,
1) have started my TWP appliction am i able to submit this without a current LMO CERT, calgary transit are seeking a pre approved LMO at present, the CIC site mentions that TWP/LMO can now run on a concurrent basis, or is this for under pressure jobs only??
2) i am planning to move with my partner of 3 yrs, we are going to apply for the open spouse TWP on POE, any help or advice regarding this.
3) how can you secure/rent accomadation before arriving in canada?? we are looking to rent a 1/2 bed apartment for the first 6 months??
4) we are going to book a recce trip for october / meet the guys at calgary transit / look around and get our bearings, any help or advice regarding this!

Thanks in advance for your comments and help, kev.
1. No, only jobs in A,B or O of the NOC can use concurrent processing, Bus Driver 7412 is Level C.
2. S/he cannot apply for an open work permit as your job level is C. S/he would have to get her own LMO and Work permit to work in Canada.
3. You could try Craigslist (be wary) MLS or google apartments for rent. You would be better off waiting until you arrive probably.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

hi i thought bus driver or transit operator i.e buses and trains fell under cat b on the noc list?
Old Jul 9th 2008, 1:22 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by ghostrider2611
hi i thought bus driver or transit operator i.e buses and trains fell under cat b on the noc list?
Nope, classified as 7412, see: http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc-CNP/docs...er_English.pdf
Old Jul 9th 2008, 10:35 pm
Just Joined

Well that pretty much changes my line of thought, seems that i will have to wait for my LMO before applying for TWP, will start looking for employers for my partner as this seems the route at present, thanks very much for the clarity, regards kev