Wikiposts

Need help with this problem

Old Jan 6th 2011, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

beehappy has a spectacular aura aboutbeehappy has a spectacular aura aboutbeehappy has a spectacular aura about
Default Need help with this problem

Please answer only if you are sure...thank you

I need to get a wet stamp on my British Passport when I entered Wpg International Airport in August since they did not stamp it

I am a Canadian Citizen as well but did not use the Cdn passport on this holiday.

I need the stamp to get me 6 months of working time in order to get other documents in a row.

As it is, I am told my expired Cdn passport is not proof of Cdn Citizenship since I may have relinquished same (?)

My alternatives with the insurance pple are to either get a new Cdn passport with cost of photos and running around or to get the wet stamp and the other supporting docs, (bills and healthcard)

As far as I know I could drive to the border to get it but it would be a long drive if they said No or that the time has passed too long
Or I could go to the airport for the same scenario..

I was told that there are other places that might do it...tax offices and so on

So if anyone has any ties to this field and know for sure or what offices can perform this particular function apart from airport and border, I would appreciate hearing
I have called all the usual automated only national numbers and in fact spent all day on my task
I even called RCMP who gave me the passport office again who are not there
Phone books do not list agency office addresses or office phone numbers and only the automated system where you cannot ask a question. pressing 0 is not a valid option as is *
Thank you
Old Jan 6th 2011, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need help with this problem

Do you have a Canadian Social Insurance Number (SIN)? If so, that's all you need to start working. If not, you're going to need one anyway if you want to work. Presumably you used either a Canadian birth certificate or a Certifcate of Canadian Citizenship to obtain a Canadian passport. Use the same documentation to obtain a SIN. If you apply in person at a service centre, you will get a SIN on the spot - assuming your documentation is in order.

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/a...applying.shtml

Canadian citizens must submit one of the following primary documents:

•a certificate of birth or birth certificate issued by the vital statistics agency in the province or territory where you were born (Note: We do not accept Quebec proof-of- birth documents issued prior to 1994);
•a Certificate of Canadian Citizenship issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC); or
•a Certificate of Registration of Birth Abroad issued prior to 1977.