Need help with my NOC status

Old Sep 2nd 2013, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

josh8239 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Need help with my NOC status

Hi all,

I find this whole NOC matrix a little confusing.

I work in a the emergency services in a frontline public protection role (police), which in my view looking at the NOC Matrix falls under NOC Skill B, major group, 431.

I am aware this does not fall under the FSW scheme, however were I to be successful in securing a permanent job within Canada, within this field in some sort of similar/related role, would I be able to apply for a work permit or a provincial nomination program?

Any advice appreciated
Old Sep 2nd 2013, 5:13 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need help with my NOC status

Originally Posted by josh8239
Hi all,

I find this whole NOC matrix a little confusing.

I work in a the emergency services in a frontline public protection role (police), which in my view looking at the NOC Matrix falls under NOC Skill B, major group, 431.

I am aware this does not fall under the FSW scheme, however were I to be successful in securing a permanent job within Canada, within this field in some sort of similar/related role, would I be able to apply for a work permit or a provincial nomination program?

Any advice appreciated
Welcome to BE!

You are correct, I checked the NOC code and the Matrix and you would be 4311, Police officers (except commissioned). Skilled Worker Class 'B'

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/...1=4311&val65=*

As such, provided you were able to obtain a job offer, you would be able to apply for a work permit (with LMO) or Provincial Nomination or after working for 1 year the CEC stream.

There are some PNP programs that do not require a job offer, have you looked into any of them?

I think you will find it quite hard to obtain a permanent job offer but have a look at the BE sub forum "Police" as some Police forces do recruit internationally from time to time.

Best of luck!