Need Help ASAP

Old Aug 8th 2022, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

Drunkarchaeologist is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need Help ASAP

Hi all, need help quick, so after 4 months of not hearing anything regarding my common law spouse visa, we just had it returned back as we forgot to add an address. So obviously my partner is absolutely heartbroken, they've sent it all back including all the supporting evidence. Do we have to fill out all the forms again? Or can we just add the address and print out the one page and send it all off again?
Old Aug 8th 2022, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Need Help ASAP

Also has there been any changes to the Spousal (outside Canda) forms sinces April?
Old Aug 8th 2022, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

Also does this mean I have to apply for a new police check form? As we were hoping to get this filled out and re-submitted in the next few days
Old Aug 9th 2022, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

Also this literally couldn't have come at a worse time as we are due to fly to Canada tomorrow to see her family who are throwing us an engagement party, so this has just added a bunch of stress on top of that. Is it ok if we take the forms with us to Canada to fill out there and then send them internally from Canada? As obviously we want to get them re-submitted asap but are going to be in Canada for the next 3 weeks
Old Aug 11th 2022, 5:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

You can re-submit from Canada. How old is your police cert? It must be less than 6 months old when you submit, so it will depend on that - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...tificates.html

You don't need to start all over again, but you do need to update the signatures if applicable. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpce...num=1492&top=4

Enjoy the engagement party and try not to stress.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Aug 11th 2022 at 5:09 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2022, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

missmayej is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you! Sorry, I didn't realize we had both posted 😅

Can you advise if, when filling out the newest version of the forms with updated signatures, we need to update details which may have changed? For example, we have moved, but our mailing address has stayed the same (we now live at that mailing address, which we provided knowing we were moving there in a few months). This would mean altering quite a lot of the application, and then I'm concerned it will appear to date from both March and August, somehow, and that this might cause confusion. It is certainly confusing me.

I am sure these aspects don't affect our eligibility (for example, we have clearly demonstrated our common law status), they were accurate at the time of submission, and they were not flagged for correction. The letter doesn't say anything about changing any other forms (except for using the latest versions) so I don't want to overcomplicate the application, but I also don't want to miss anything!

Old Aug 11th 2022, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

missmayej is an unknown quantity at this point

P.S. I notice on the CIC help page that it says 'you can use all the same documents and payment receipts,' so maybe that answers my question? Hopefully this means I don't have to change anything besides what they asked for? Thanks again!