need help on AEO

Old Jan 27th 2010, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

khilat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default need help on AEO

I am in canada for last one year on work permit,was going through the

Application for an Arranged Employment Opinion form and at the very first line it says

" Do you intend to employ the skilled worker before he/she becomes a permanent resident?

No or yes ( if yes, you are not completing the correct form - please complete the Application for a Labour Market Opinion Form)

so i need help because i am already on workpermit and if my employer say yes than why this form saying apply lmo, PLEASE CLEAR THIS CONFUSION.

THANKS
Old Jan 27th 2010, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

goodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant future
Default Re: need help on AEO

Originally Posted by khilat
I am in canada for last one year on work permit,was going through the

Application for an Arranged Employment Opinion form and at the very first line it says

" Do you intend to employ the skilled worker before he/she becomes a permanent resident?

No or yes ( if yes, you are not completing the correct form - please complete the Application for a Labour Market Opinion Form)

so i need help because i am already on workpermit and if my employer say yes than why this form saying apply lmo, PLEASE CLEAR THIS CONFUSION.

THANKS
are you on a work permit or a bunac visa?
Old Jan 28th 2010, 6:01 am
BE Enthusiast

lucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud of

The form is old and wasn't changed when the new regulations came in back in 2004 or something allowing people who are already here on work permits without LMO's to apply for confirmation of a job offer from HRSDC (I.E people of the NAFTA or BUNAC programmes).

Just tick yes and ignore the bit that says you're filling out the wrong form, all you need to do is include a cover letter explaining what kind of permit you're on and why you need to apply for the AEO.

I'm presuming you are here with a work permit that doesn't have an lmo? Otherwise you wouldn't need an AEO, just a copy of the LMO and an offer of permanent employment.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

khilat is an unknown quantity at this point

you are right i am on workpermit, and wanted to apply for PR, my LMO expired ages ago when i came to canada last year, and for PR i need AEO.

thanks to all.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 1:22 am
BE Enthusiast

lucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by khilat
you are right i am on workpermit, and wanted to apply for PR, my LMO expired ages ago when i came to canada last year, and for PR i need AEO.

thanks to all.
It doesn't really work that way if you're in canada on a work permit that is still valid and you had to get an LMO for that job then you use that LMO to apply for PR you don't need to get an AEO.