Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Need courage to apply myself for PR via express entry

Need courage to apply myself for PR via express entry

Old Oct 12th 2016, 11:28 am
Just Joined

mooneymo68 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need courage to apply myself for PR via express entry

Hi

I am very nervous at the thought of applying for my PR status via Express Entry. I am currently working in BC as a Plumber and my family is back home in the UK.

Can I still apply for myself and family if my family haven't joined me yet? I don't want them to come out here yet because a friend of mine had a job offer last year and his family went with him, he lost his job and returned to the Uk after 4 months , they lost everything.

When I look into applying I think I am correct in stating that I have to log my profile on Express Entry then all being well I would get an invitation to apply for PR. I believe I have 90 days to submit my PR application with all supporting documentation ?

not sure what happens next lol anyone had any experience ?

thanks
Old Oct 12th 2016, 11:38 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need courage to apply myself for PR via express entry

Originally Posted by mooneymo68
Can I still apply for myself and family if my family haven't joined me yet?
Yep.

When I look into applying I think I am correct in stating that I have to log my profile on Express Entry then all being well I would get an invitation to apply for PR.
Yes, if you're scoring enough and get selected. What do you score on the CRS? Are you in a job with a LMIA and will your employer give you a permanent job offer? If so, you should be fine for points and should get selected very soon after entering the pool.

I believe I have 90 days to submit my PR application with all supporting documentation ?

not sure what happens next lol anyone had any experience ?
It's actually 60 days to submit everything once you've received an ITA, including medicals (your family can have them done in the UK if needed). Then you'd get PR - simples!

HTH, good luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 12th 2016 at 11:41 am.