Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Need Clarification in CAIPS Notes....

Need Clarification in CAIPS Notes....

Old Jul 25th 2002, 2:20 pm
Ingrid

Default Need Clarification in CAIPS Notes....

Hi everyone! Here are my details & timeline: 30 year old couple, citizens of Mexico.
Have been in Canada for 3 years under student visa valid until February 2003. Applied
to Buffalo (through Quebec). Only have lived in Mexico and Canada

Quebec application sent July 2001 Interview with Quebec officer Sept. 6/01 Got CSQ
valid until Sept. 6/04 Sent application to Buffalo Sept. 24/01 AOR and start process
application Nov. 14/01 ROLF paid Nov. 14/01 Imm 1017S requested Dec. 13/01 Selection
Decision Feb 14/02 Medical and Police Cert. requested Feb. 14/02 Security Decision
Mar. 5/02 Medicals done Mar. 14/02 Medical status M01 notified to visa post May 3/02
RCMP PC received by Buffalo May 13/02 Mexico PC received by Buffalo June 26/02 still
waiting.....

I have requested a copy of my CAIPS file to know what was going on, and I would like
to get clarification on some of the codes inlcuded in the CAIPS notes:

PSDEC 1 Feb. 14/02 SELDEC 4 Feb. 14/02 BDEC 1 Mar. 05/02 STATUS SEC 1 STATUS CRIM
left blanc MEDICAL CODE M01 MEDICAL STATUS A TOTAL FUNDS $0000000000

RECOMMEND INTERVIEW WAIVED. IF NECESSARY INTERVIEW IN NEW YORK. PAPER FILE SENT TO PA
FILE BF'D TO PFW ON NOV. 13/02

CASE VALIDITY DATES: CSQ/CAQ Sept. 6/04 PPT Mar. 7/08 SEC. DEC Sept. 05/03 (what is
this date?) VISA left blank

As far as I can understand and interpret these notes, all the requested documents
have been received (medical, police certificates, etc.) and security check has been
done since March 2002. If I am understanding correctly, why haven't we got the final
LP? Is there something I am missing from these notes? What does it mean the "bring
forward date to PFW on Nov. 13, 2002? Does it mean that the final visa will be issued
until November? and if so, why would they leave the file sitting for 4 months before
they can issue the final visa? why would they take so long if the application file
seems to be compelete?

Any help or clarification will be highly appreciated. Ingrid T.

Old Jul 25th 2002, 3:22 pm
Jim Humphries

Default Re: Need Clarification in CAIPS Notes....

The criminal record field is bland so they have note yet completed that portion of
the case. They may not yet have noted the arrival of your Mexican PC. Jim Humphries

Ingrid wrote:
    >
    > Hi everyone! Here are my details & timeline: 30 year old couple, citizens of
    > Mexico. Have been in Canada for 3 years under student visa valid until February
    > 2003. Applied to Buffalo (through Quebec). Only have lived in Mexico and Canada
    >
    > Quebec application sent July 2001 Interview with Quebec officer Sept. 6/01 Got CSQ
    > valid until Sept. 6/04 Sent application to Buffalo Sept. 24/01 AOR and start
    > process application Nov. 14/01 ROLF paid Nov. 14/01 Imm 1017S requested Dec. 13/01
    > Selection Decision Feb 14/02 Medical and Police Cert. requested Feb. 14/02 Security
    > Decision Mar. 5/02 Medicals done Mar. 14/02 Medical status M01 notified to visa
    > post May 3/02 RCMP PC received by Buffalo May 13/02 Mexico PC received by Buffalo
    > June 26/02 still waiting.....
    >
    > I have requested a copy of my CAIPS file to know what was going on, and I would
    > like to get clarification on some of the codes inlcuded in the CAIPS notes:
    >
    > PSDEC 1 Feb. 14/02 SELDEC 4 Feb. 14/02 BDEC 1 Mar. 05/02 STATUS SEC 1 STATUS CRIM
    > left blanc MEDICAL CODE M01 MEDICAL STATUS A TOTAL FUNDS $0000000000
    >
    > RECOMMEND INTERVIEW WAIVED. IF NECESSARY INTERVIEW IN NEW YORK. PAPER FILE SENT TO
    > PA FILE BF'D TO PFW ON NOV. 13/02
    >
    > CASE VALIDITY DATES: CSQ/CAQ Sept. 6/04 PPT Mar. 7/08 SEC. DEC Sept. 05/03 (what is
    > this date?) VISA left blank
    >
    > As far as I can understand and interpret these notes, all the requested documents
    > have been received (medical, police certificates, etc.) and security check has been
    > done since March 2002. If I am understanding correctly, why haven't we got the
    > final LP? Is there something I am missing from these notes? What does it mean the
    > "bring forward date to PFW on Nov. 13, 2002? Does it mean that the final visa will
    > be issued until November? and if so, why would they leave the file sitting for 4
    > months before they can issue the final visa? why would they take so long if the
    > application file seems to be compelete?
    >
    > Any help or clarification will be highly appreciated. Ingrid T.

Old Jul 26th 2002, 12:20 am
Ron Beirnes

The codes are simply confirming the completion of specific things like MO1 which
means medical passed and of course the selection decision that was made on 14 Feb 02
and security clearnce received 5 Mar 02 and the only thing that appears to be
outstanding is your criminal check. Ron Beirnes
R.B. Global Immigration Consultants Ltd. 1540-1100 Melville St. Vancouver, BC V6E 4A6
Phone (604) 688-3081 fax 688-3015 email [email protected] Webb page
http://www3.telus.net/rbglobal

On 25 Jul 2002 06:14:32 -0700, [email protected] (Ingrid) wrote:

>Hi everyone! Here are my details & timeline: 30 year old couple, citizens of Mexico.
    >Have been in Canada for 3 years under student visa valid until February 2003.
    >Applied to Buffalo (through Quebec). Only have lived in Mexico and Canada
    >
    >Quebec application sent July 2001 Interview with Quebec officer Sept. 6/01 Got CSQ
    >valid until Sept. 6/04 Sent application to Buffalo Sept. 24/01 AOR and start process
    >application Nov. 14/01 ROLF paid Nov. 14/01 Imm 1017S requested Dec. 13/01 Selection
    >Decision Feb 14/02 Medical and Police Cert. requested Feb. 14/02 Security Decision
    >Mar. 5/02 Medicals done Mar. 14/02 Medical status M01 notified to visa post May 3/02
    >RCMP PC received by Buffalo May 13/02 Mexico PC received by Buffalo June 26/02 still
    >waiting.....
    >
    >I have requested a copy of my CAIPS file to know what was going on, and I would like
    >to get clarification on some of the codes inlcuded in the CAIPS notes:
    >
    >PSDEC 1 Feb. 14/02 SELDEC 4 Feb. 14/02 BDEC 1 Mar. 05/02 STATUS SEC 1 STATUS CRIM
    > left blanc MEDICAL CODE M01 MEDICAL STATUS A TOTAL FUNDS $0000000000
    >
    >RECOMMEND INTERVIEW WAIVED. IF NECESSARY INTERVIEW IN NEW YORK. PAPER FILE SENT TO
    >PA FILE BF'D TO PFW ON NOV. 13/02
    >
    >CASE VALIDITY DATES: CSQ/CAQ Sept. 6/04 PPT Mar. 7/08 SEC. DEC Sept. 05/03 (what is
    >this date?) VISA left blank
    >
    >As far as I can understand and interpret these notes, all the requested documents
    >have been received (medical, police certificates, etc.) and security check has been
    >done since March 2002. If I am understanding correctly, why haven't we got the final
    >LP? Is there something I am missing from these notes? What does it mean the "bring
    >forward date to PFW on Nov. 13, 2002? Does it mean that the final visa will be
    >issued until November? and if so, why would they leave the file sitting for 4 months
    >before they can issue the final visa? why would they take so long if the application
    >file seems to be compelete?
    >
    >Any help or clarification will be highly appreciated. Ingrid T.

Old Jul 26th 2002, 5:21 pm
Ingrid

Thanks to both consultants for your answer......

However, if it seems that the only thing outstanding is the criminal check, and also,
that they have received both police certificates already (RCMP on May 13/02 and
Mexico on June 26/02), how long will they take to acknowledge the reception of the
PCs and finilize the criminal check? (the papers are already there, and have been
there for at least a month!)

Is this were the "Bring forward date" comes into place?...... does it mean that they
will look at my file only until November 13/02 to finilize the criminal check and
issue final LP? If so, why would they do that? Wouldn't it be better to finilize
cases like mine (that are already completed and sitting in someone's desk) to help
with the huge backlog they have?

Is there anything I can do to expedite my file?

Thanks for your opinion. Ingrid

[email protected] (ron beirnes) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > The codes are simply confirming the completion of specific things like MO1 which
    > means medical passed and of course the selection decision that was made on 14 Feb
    > 02 and security clearnce received 5 Mar 02 and the only thing that appears to be
    > outstanding is your criminal check. Ron Beirnes
    > R.B. Global Immigration Consultants Ltd. 1540-1100 Melville St. Vancouver, BC V6E
    > 4A6 Phone (604) 688-3081 fax 688-3015 email [email protected] Webb page
    > http://www3.telus.net/rbglobal
    >
    > On 25 Jul 2002 06:14:32 -0700, [email protected] (Ingrid) wrote:
    >
    > >Hi everyone! Here are my details & timeline: 30 year old couple, citizens of
    > >Mexico. Have been in Canada for 3 years under student visa valid until February
    > >2003. Applied to Buffalo (through Quebec). Only have lived in Mexico and Canada
    > >
    > >Quebec application sent July 2001 Interview with Quebec officer Sept. 6/01 Got CSQ
    > >valid until Sept. 6/04 Sent application to Buffalo Sept. 24/01 AOR and start
    > >process application Nov. 14/01 ROLF paid Nov. 14/01 Imm 1017S requested Dec. 13/01
    > >Selection Decision Feb 14/02 Medical and Police Cert. requested Feb. 14/02
    > >Security Decision Mar. 5/02 Medicals done Mar. 14/02 Medical status M01 notified
    > >to visa post May 3/02 RCMP PC received by Buffalo May 13/02 Mexico PC received by
    > >Buffalo June 26/02 still waiting.....
    > >
    > >I have requested a copy of my CAIPS file to know what was going on, and I would
    > >like to get clarification on some of the codes inlcuded in the CAIPS notes:
    > >
    > >PSDEC 1 Feb. 14/02 SELDEC 4 Feb. 14/02 BDEC 1 Mar. 05/02 STATUS SEC 1 STATUS CRIM
    > > left blanc MEDICAL CODE M01 MEDICAL STATUS A TOTAL FUNDS $0000000000
    > >
    > >RECOMMEND INTERVIEW WAIVED. IF NECESSARY INTERVIEW IN NEW YORK. PAPER FILE SENT TO
    > >PA FILE BF'D TO PFW ON NOV. 13/02
    > >
    > >CASE VALIDITY DATES: CSQ/CAQ Sept. 6/04 PPT Mar. 7/08 SEC. DEC Sept. 05/03 (what
    > >is this date?) VISA left blank
    > >
    > >As far as I can understand and interpret these notes, all the requested documents
    > >have been received (medical, police certificates, etc.) and security check has
    > >been done since March 2002. If I am understanding correctly, why haven't we got
    > >the final LP? Is there something I am missing from these notes? What does it mean
    > >the "bring forward date to PFW on Nov. 13, 2002? Does it mean that the final visa
    > >will be issued until November? and if so, why would they leave the file sitting
    > >for 4 months before they can issue the final visa? why would they take so long if
    > >the application file seems to be compelete?
    > >
    > >Any help or clarification will be highly appreciated. Ingrid T.