Need advise for applying PR

Old Nov 3rd 2018, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

M.haseeb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need advise for applying PR

Hello,

My wife did bachelos in commerce (2year program), Is ECA accept 2 year program ?
Old Nov 3rd 2018, 5:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need advise for applying PR

Originally Posted by M.haseeb
Hello,

My wife did bachelos in commerce (2year program), Is ECA accept 2 year program ?
Was it a recognised diploma? When you say ‘commerce’ what do you mean? Business or economics? Or something else?
Old Nov 4th 2018, 9:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

Was it a recognised diploma? When you say ‘commerce’ what do you mean? Business or economics? Or something else?
yeah that degree was recognized from local body of pakistan i.e. HEC. It is business program.

secondly i am new to applying for the PR and at very initial stage so also please guide me accordingly about each step .
Old Nov 4th 2018, 2:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

yeah that degree was recognized from local body of pakistan i.e. HEC. It is business program.

secondly i am new to applying for the PR and at very initial stage so also please guide me accordingly about each step .
It's not a degree if it was only 2 years though. All you can do to be sure is submit it for an ECA and see what result you get back.

What guidance did you need for your PR app? Let us know if you have specific questions.
Old Nov 4th 2018, 6:39 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

i am new to applying for the PR and at very initial stage so also please guide me accordingly about each step .
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ess-entry.html
Old Nov 5th 2018, 9:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
It's not a degree if it was only 2 years though. All you can do to be sure is submit it for an ECA and see what result you get back.

What guidance did you need for your PR app? Let us know if you have specific questions.

please answer the following questions

what is the difference between 67/100 fsw and Crs 420/1200?
I want to apply for the PR with spouse, so is it necessary to give ielts both of us?

How many bands required in ielts for each?

Is it necessary to have updated passport while applying for ECA?

THANKS FOR SUPPORT IN ADVANCE
Old Nov 5th 2018, 10:23 am
SUPER MODERATOR

what is the difference between 67/100 fsw and Crs 420/1200?
As above - you must be scoring at least 67 as a FSW to be eligible to enter the EE pool of applicants. However, once in the pool then it's your CRS score that matters as they only select those scoring the highest and invite them to apply for PR. So just having 67 points or more as a FSW isn't enough, it's a two step process, you'll also need around 450 or more (as a rough guide) to be invited to apply for PR.

I want to apply for the PR with spouse, so is it necessary to give ielts both of us?
No, it's only mandatory for the principal applicant, however if the spouse of the principal applicant does it as well then you can get extra points. So it depends on your CRS score as to whether it's worth it or not, if you're scoring well over 450 then don't bother.

How many bands required in ielts for each?
CLB 7 (6.0) in each section.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...uirements.html

Is it necessary to have updated passport while applying for ECA?
No, an ECA doesn't need a valid passport, but your EE app will.

HTH.
Old Nov 18th 2018, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

Hello,
i went to the immigration consultant and asked about the ielts bands score , so he told me to principal applical require 7 bands in reading,writing,speaking and 8 in listening.however for spouse 6.5 speaking,reading & writing and 7 in listening.I get confused please help.

secondly i also want to know that for immigration purpose , the ielts requirements is general or academic?

Old Nov 18th 2018, 1:19 pm
Knight of Constantinople

G0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond repute

You need to check your current CRS score or what you could possibly get before going into the EE pool:
Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) tool: skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

Also, have a read up on the Immigration process via the official site:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...te-canada.html

IELTS is 'General' only. The higher you can get the better your CRS score.

I get the feeling that you are in a pickle getting your head around the process. Have a look at ' christmasoompa ' previous post as most of your questions are answered there.

Don't hesitate to ask any other questions, we are all here to help!
Old Nov 18th 2018, 1:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,
i went to the immigration consultant and asked about the ielts bands score , so he told me to principal applical require 7 bands in reading,writing,speaking and 8 in listening.however for spouse 6.5 speaking,reading & writing and 7 in listening.I get confused please help.

secondly i also want to know that for immigration purpose , the ielts requirements is general or academic?
This link has the language tests and scores explained

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...e-testing.html
Old Nov 18th 2018, 4:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Hello,
That's not correct, I suggest you ditch that immi consultant as they clearly don't know what they are talking about and I sincerely hope you didn't pay them for that 'advice'!

For FSW applicants, the minimum scores required are 6.0 for all 4 sections for the principal applicant, as I said above. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...e-testing.html Obviously the higher you can score the better though.

For your spouse to score any points for IELTS, they'll need to be scoring a minimum of 4.0 for reading, and 5.0 for the other sections, although that will only give them 4 points, so if you want a higher score then again, the higher the better.

What exactly are you scoring at the moment?