Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Need advice --- PR Application Thru BCPNP

Need advice --- PR Application Thru BCPNP

Old Mar 7th 2023, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

kc.ph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need advice --- PR Application Thru BCPNP

Hi all,

My PGWP is expiring in Feb 2024. I submitted my BCPNP application after Nov after they change the scoring systen. And the current score for BCPNP is too high.

Is there anything I can do about this?
Anything I can do to extend my work permit, or to higher my score?

Please advice,
Thank you.
Old Mar 8th 2023, 8:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need advice --- PR Application Thru BCPNP

Hi, welcome to BE.

More info is needed to try and help you really. What stream of the BC PNP have you applied under? What job are you doing? How long have you been doing it for? What is your CRS score under EE? Would you employer be prepared to do a LMIA application to keep you and you switch to a 'normal' work permit?
Old May 2nd 2023, 7:54 am
Just Joined

kc.ph is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Thank you for welcoming me.

I applied through tech stream in BCpnp. My current BCpnp score since start of April is 85. I have met the score a couple draws but haven't got an ITA. Is that possible?

My current score right not in EE is around 490.

I have also received an email from IRCC regarding the interim work authorization, but I don't meet the dates because my PGWP expires in in Feb 2024. Since I received an email, will there be a chance to be eligible for this if i call IRCC or something?

What are your thoughts about this?
Old May 2nd 2023, 2:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kc.ph
I applied through tech stream in BCpnp. My current BCpnp score since start of April is 85. I have met the score a couple draws but haven't got an ITA. Is that possible?
That's odd. You should have had an ITA following the draw on 11th April, which went down to 85 and was specifically for Tech apps. Are you 100% sure you've applied under the Tech program? When exactly (specific date) did you apply?

My current score right not in EE is around 490.
That's odd too, as you should have had an invite, the 4 most recent draws have all been below that. Clearly something isn't right, you've not met the criteria somehow. Are you absolutely sure you've applied to both EE and PNP and been accepted?

I have also received an email from IRCC regarding the interim work authorization, but I don't meet the dates because my PGWP expires in in Feb 2024. Since I received an email, will there be a chance to be eligible for this if i call IRCC or something?
Do you mean the Bridging Open Work Permit? If so, calling IRCC will make no difference if you're simply not eligible for it. You need to be in the first stages of a PR app for that, so first work out why you're not being selected.