Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Need advice on BUNAC Police Check detials for Canada please!!!

Need advice on BUNAC Police Check detials for Canada please!!!

Old Oct 28th 2007, 8:22 am
Just Joined

emmak1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need advice on BUNAC Police Check detials for Canada please!!!

I want to apply for the BUNAC Canada non student programme in December when the new visas come out.

However.. I have a been given a Conditional Discharge for a shoplifting charge which was very minor but it still clases as a criminal conviction unfortunatly.

I am very confised by BUNAC... on one literature it says I dont need to get a police check as they do RANDOM checks...and on the other hand I hear I HAVE to send in a police check with the work authorisation form when I send it in to BUNAC.

Im very confused... does anyone know what my chances are of being accepted onto the programme? and also if your rewuired to get a police check done?
Old Oct 28th 2007, 8:37 am
Just Joined

KINGE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need advice on BUNAC Police Check detials for Canada please!!!

Originally Posted by emmak1
I want to apply for the BUNAC Canada non student programme in December when the new visas come out.

However.. I have a been given a Conditional Discharge for a shoplifting charge which was very minor but it still clases as a criminal conviction unfortunatly.

I am very confised by BUNAC... on one literature it says I dont need to get a police check as they do RANDOM checks...and on the other hand I hear I HAVE to send in a police check with the work authorisation form when I send it in to BUNAC.

Im very confused... does anyone know what my chances are of being accepted onto the programme? and also if your rewuired to get a police check done?
The BUNAC web site is some what confusing but you do need to send a police check in before they send your paperwork to CHC.

Unsure what you chances are whilst having a criminal record, a theft offence shows dishonesty which is not good. Did you not get an adult caution or has this box already been ticked with another offence?

You can only try - give BUNAC a call.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

We did BUNAC student WP in 2006 and didn't need police checks.

We didn't need police checks when we applied for new WP in Canada, but we did need them for PR application.

BUNAC seems to be changing at the moment, so I'm not sure for now. They are helpful if you call them up, but maybe don't give you name!
Old Oct 28th 2007, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by emmak1

Just to confirm we are in the process of obtaining a BUNAC non student visa, all paper work submitted. You do need a police check as this held us up.

Live to Ski post wp was in 2006, it apperas things have changed.

Answer to police checks - YOU REQUIRE ONE.
Old Oct 29th 2007, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

Tommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant futureTommyboy17 has a brilliant future

Our non student bunac visa are waiting for us in Canada (whoop whoop) so having submitted and gone through it all in the last few months we did have to submit the UK police check. I was told that I needed to submit a police check for Canada having lived there for more than 6 months in the last 5 years but while i was waiting for that to come through the contacted to say that I could apply with out and they MAY require it later.

But the UK one they wanted.
Old Oct 29th 2007, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

Checkmate is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to clarify;

- the BUNAC application will be available in early December. Do I send off my police check with my initial application to BUNAC, or do they request it at some point later? I'm just thinking, as I am definitely applying for BUNAC this year, maybe I should go and sort out my police check NOW so that it doesn't delay me when BUNAC ask for it?
Old Oct 29th 2007, 6:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Checkmate
Just to clarify;

- the BUNAC application will be available in early December. Do I send off my police check with my initial application to BUNAC, or do they request it at some point later? I'm just thinking, as I am definitely applying for BUNAC this year, maybe I should go and sort out my police check NOW so that it doesn't delay me when BUNAC ask for it?
Checkmate - complete your initial application on line, BUNAC will then send you the paper work for the next stage. This is the stage they request the police check. If I were you I would send of for the police checks now this will avoid any delays.
Old Oct 29th 2007, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, police checks take up to 40 days in general, and according to CIC are valid for a year, so seeing as all your paperwork will go through within a year, best to apply sooner rather than later
Old Oct 30th 2007, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

Thanks KINGE and Live to Ski and KINGE (And congrats on ur visa arriving for collection).

Final question - can you obtain this police check at any police station? Or is there a specific name for the check?

cheers
Old Oct 30th 2007, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

peachgary is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks KINGE and Live to Ski and KINGE (And congrats on ur visa arriving for collection).

Final question - can you obtain this police check at any police station? Or is there a specific name for the check?

cheers
Just go to your local cop shop and ask for a police report and say its for immigration, then fill it out ,then pay ten quid and then sit back and wait 40 days to find out if your a criminal or not.............
Old Oct 30th 2007, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

I was lucky. Mine took 14 days! Limehouse Police nick. Although some Police stations in London don't do it and they'll direct you to a more centralised one.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by roxye3
I was lucky. Mine took 14 days! Limehouse Police nick.
5 mins from where i work! that sorts out what I'll be doing in my lunch break tomorrow then
Old Oct 30th 2007, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

5 mins from where i work! that sorts out what I'll be doing in my lunch break tomorrow then
Limehouse nick?
Old Oct 30th 2007, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by roxye3
Limehouse nick?
Yes, Limehouse NIck. You seem surprised!?
Old Oct 30th 2007, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes, Limehouse NIck. You seem surprised!?
Yeah I was surpised actaully. I did not meet any other EastLondoers coming over on Bunac and of course Limehouse, Bow and Polar are me old stompign grounds HA! Bow E3 mate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.