Wikiposts

Need Advice

Old Dec 3rd 2010, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

CalgaryStampeder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need Advice

I'm currently in college coming towards the end of my 3 year IT Diploma and have plans to move to Canada eventually, I am obviously going to get a few years work experience here beforehand and then I have been told because of my profession, my best option would be the PNP? I intend to move to Alberta preferably Calgary, would you guys agree with a job in IT Programming that I would be best applying through the PNP?
Old Dec 4th 2010, 3:55 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need Advice

Originally Posted by CalgaryStampeder
I'm currently in college coming towards the end of my 3 year IT Diploma and have plans to move to Canada eventually, I am obviously going to get a few years work experience here beforehand and then I have been told because of my profession, my best option would be the PNP? I intend to move to Alberta preferably Calgary, would you guys agree with a job in IT Programming that I would be best applying through the PNP?
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I wouldn't make any plans if you're not planning on going for a few years, immigration changes so often that any program you may be eligible for may not exist in a year or twos time.

No idea why a PNP program would be better for you than say, the Skilled Worker though. You'll still need a job offer for either, and will probably have to go over on a Temp Work Permit for speed. But you can then weigh up which is the best way to apply for PR once you are in Canada.

Out of interest, how old are you? Is Bunac an option to get you there sooner and get you Canadian work experience?