Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Nearly there, but a final question(s)

Nearly there, but a final question(s)

Old Mar 28th 2022, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Drunkarchaeologist is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nearly there, but a final question(s)

Nearly there, we are very stressed and hoping to get the forms for our common law visa tomorrow. We're going over our forms and a one thing is throwing us off, the date when we went from being single into a common law relationship, now do we add the date for when we had been living together for 365 days together in the same house? Or when we first started dating? I know it's probably a simple answer, bit it's throwing us a bit.

I'll also reply in this post if we have any more questions to make sure I don't spam a lot

Thanks
Drunkarchaeologist
Old Mar 28th 2022, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Nearly there, but a final question(s)

Also what may sound like a stupid question, but when I'm signing my signature on the forms in the "signature box", if my signature goes outside of the box is that ok? I'd hate for it to get sent back because it went outside the box a little.

Thanks again
Drunkarchaeologist
Old Mar 28th 2022, 7:56 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Drunkarchaeologist
Nearly there, we are very stressed and hoping to get the forms for our common law visa tomorrow. We're going over our forms and a one thing is throwing us off, the date when we went from being single into a common law relationship, now do we add the date for when we had been living together for 365 days together in the same house? Or when we first started dating? I know it's probably a simple answer, bit it's throwing us a bit.

I'll also reply in this post if we have any more questions to make sure I don't spam a lot

Thanks
Drunkarchaeologist
1. The date you started living together and merged your life style.
Old Mar 28th 2022, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. The date you started living together and merged your life style.
That's what we thought, but it states on the complete guide on the Canadian website "not the date you started living together"
Old Mar 28th 2022, 8:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Drunkarchaeologist
That's what we thought, but it states on the complete guide on the Canadian website "not the date you started living together"
It’s a year from that date. Answered in the FAQ about the forms in the Wiki - https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spous...elationship.3F

HTH.
Old Mar 28th 2022, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
It’s a year from that date. Answered in the FAQ about the forms in the Wiki - https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spous...elationship.3F

HTH.
Thanks, you are a lifesaver, we probably went over that Wiki loads of times, but our minds are just racing at the minute getting everything finalized