Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Nearing the end of our PR journey...hopefully.

Nearing the end of our PR journey...hopefully.

Old Aug 20th 2016, 1:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nearing the end of our PR journey...hopefully.

This week we have had our medicals and have sent off for the relevant police reports. I am thinking that we may be approved for PR towards the end of the year or early next year. As were are trying to plan our winter vacations...am I correct in thinking as we are US citizens we will not have to send our passports to CIC?
Old Aug 20th 2016, 1:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nearing the end of our PR journey...hopefully.

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
This week we have had our medicals and have sent off for the relevant police reports. I am thinking that we may be approved for PR towards the end of the year or early next year. As were are trying to plan our winter vacations...am I correct in thinking as we are US citizens we will not have to send our passports to CIC?
Normally they just ask for copies of all pages of the passports but can request the originals.
Old Aug 20th 2016, 1:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Normally they just ask for copies of all pages of the passports but can request the originals.
OK...thank you.
Old Aug 22nd 2016, 12:58 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, agreed with FL. They may not request the passports at all, but since you applied as US citizens you'll probably just be asked to send a photocopy of all passport pages. Most of my knowledge is in family class, but it's still sponsorship, and I've yet to see anyone from a visa-exempt country who was asked for their physical passport, just copies of all pages.

Yay you are nearly done!