Near the end…

Old Sep 20th 2022, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

jordanleanne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Near the end…

Hi!
I wonder if anyone has any idea of time scale for the stage we are at (PR). In July we sent photos and the up to date contact details form to VFS global, and these have been under process at IRCC now since 17th August.
I assumed photos would be the final step, and of course up to date contact details can only stay up to date for so long- so is there any idea of time scale until we revive COPR?
Old Sep 22nd 2022, 11:11 am
The Dude Abides

theotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Near the end…

Their offices and processes are still not back up to full speed post covid (and frankly the wheels of government never move very quickly unless they want something FROM you), as painfully slow as it is, just be patient and they'll get to you.
Old Sep 29th 2022, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Loraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond repute

We submitted our PR forms whilst in NS on work permits in Nov 2019. We're still waiting and we're on our 3rd work permit. It's surprising how frustrating the long wait is. I feel for you
Old Oct 31st 2022, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

jordanleanne is an unknown quantity at this point

We finally received our COPR!
Lots to do now, I'll be looking for all of the existing threads regarding packing, landing, settling advice- if anyone can drop links here, that would be a huge help!

Thanks everyone who has help and advised us, apologies for my impatience!
Old Oct 31st 2022, 12:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jordanleanne
Lots to do now, I'll be looking for all of the existing threads regarding packing, landing, settling advice- if anyone can drop links here, that would be a huge help!

Congrats! The Wiki has useful info on landing, goods to follow list etc, so that's a good place to start.

Hope the move goes smoothly.
Old Oct 31st 2022, 12:38 pm
The Dude Abides

theotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jordanleanne

Congratulations!

I soft landed last weekend and now I'm back in the UK with a lot to organise too. Glad this site was as much help to you as it was for me. Quick note: check your COPR document carefully and see if you have any clauses attached to it like the Section 32 Medical Surveillance 2.02 one. That caught me out as I didn't notice it until I was gathering my doc's for the soft landing.

It wasn't a problem in the end but it's worth noting it for when you get to the border. If you're settling on your trip over then it would be something that you have to take pretty immediate action on but if you're soft landing it's not a pressing concern.