British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Native English Speakers: What to submit?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/native-english-speakers-what-submit-579661/)

z030209 Dec 21st 2008 2:28 pm

Native English Speakers: What to submit??

Hi guys,

I just wanted to know as a native English speaker, what kind of documentation people have provided to CHC besides degree certificate(s) and work experience (if anything)?

I'm British born and my education and work experience is from the UK. So I'm wondering if just a letter highlighting this will suffice or not? :confused:

I did the test, but I have a really bad feeling about it! lol :o ( I want to be prepared because I only have about 3 weeks left until the submission deadline).

mcdavis Dec 21st 2008 3:01 pm

Re: Native English Speakers: What to submit??

Originally Posted by z030209 (Post 7088205)
Hi guys,

I just wanted to know as a native English speaker, what kind of documentation people have provided to CHC besides degree certificate(s) and work experience (if anything)?

I'm British born and my education and work experience is from the UK. So I'm wondering if just a letter highlighting this will suffice or not? :confused:

I did the test, but I have a really bad feeling about it! lol :o ( I want to be prepared because I only have about 3 weeks left until the submission deadline).

The instruction letter implies that you do not need to provide any documentation if you are born, bred, educated and work as a native english speaker in an english speaking country.

MR MOM Dec 21st 2008 7:57 pm

i submitted nothing.UK born and bred seemed sufficient unless anyone else knows different

z030209 Dec 21st 2008 8:40 pm

Arghh, okay lol, I guess I'm just being overly cautious..... :(

No, they say we don't need to really submit anything besides what we already have (i.e., evidence of work experience, education, etc.) but I did read somewhere that by doing the English test, it speeds up the whole process (whether it's true or not, I can't say....) Oh well, I guess I shall just provide a written statement highlighting my education and work history... (if I've truly messed up my English test that is, which would be extremely embarrasing :rofl:).

gooding Dec 21st 2008 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by z030209 (Post 7088205)
Hi guys,

We decided to send a very basic hand written letter each, stating that we were born of English speaking parents, and were educated in British schools, took all exams in English, with our "second language" being french, which is basically how Canadians are educated. At least this proved we could read as well as write. Although my handwriting is awful, I decided not to type this one letter.

z030209 Dec 22nd 2008 3:01 am

Hey thanks!

That's really helpful :D