Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

National Insurance Certificate Backlog

National Insurance Certificate Backlog

Old Jun 30th 2009, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

ColdAsIce is an unknown quantity at this point
Default National Insurance Certificate Backlog

Just to let you know for those that are seeking a National Insurance Certificate via UK ([part of documentation evidence for tax contribution) will take up to 8 weeks to be sent.

Another boo boo for me as I need to submit all documentation within the next 6-8 weeks myself.

CAI.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 9:03 am
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: National Insurance Certificate Backlog

Originally Posted by ColdAsIce
Just to let you know for those that are seeking a National Insurance Certificate via UK ([part of documentation evidence for tax contribution) will take up to 8 weeks to be sent.

Another boo boo for me as I need to submit all documentation within the next 6-8 weeks myself.

CAI.
Do P60s and P45s from previous employments not suffice?
Old Jun 30th 2009, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Edo
Officially, none of these things are required, it is payslips they are after. I suppose many people have had success in substituting NIC records...
Old Jun 30th 2009, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

ColdAsIce is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Edo
unfort i never kept my p60s / p45s going back 10 years ago, nor my payslips. i never ever thought about keeping them, never thought about what i could use them for....never thought about migrating to another country on a permanent basis.

by obtaining a NIC record is an alternative route to take if all else fails.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 9:41 am
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bodgerx
Officially, none of these things are required, it is payslips they are after.
Well, in that case I am in trouble then cuz I dont have a complete set of all the monthly payslips from my previous jobs. But I do have P60s/P45s. Any comments?
Old Jun 30th 2009, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

mayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud ofmayersanna has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Edo
Well, in that case I am in trouble then cuz I dont have a complete set of all the monthly payslips from my previous jobs. But I do have P60s/P45s. Any comments?
My Hubby used his P60s and that seemed OK, we are now Landed. HTH
Old Jun 30th 2009, 9:58 am
Just Joined

alwar is an unknown quantity at this point

CAI.
Why would you need national insurance certificate
Old Jun 30th 2009, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

I dont think they really need payslips. They only need evidence that you worked where you claimed you have. I only submitted reference letters from my previous jobs on company letterheads with contact information for verification.

Ray
Old Jun 30th 2009, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by raymasa
I dont think they really need payslips. They only need evidence that you worked where you claimed you have.
Recent quote from a letter from London CHC:

"Submit employment letters, contract, pay-slips and job descriptions endorsed by your employer's personnel department covering the priod 10 years prior to your application date until today."
Old Jun 30th 2009, 8:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Edo
Should be fine, the more evidence you can give the better obviously (so copies of contracts, letters of reference as well if possible etc), but don't worry if you don't have payslips, P60's and P45's should suffice.

Old Jun 30th 2009, 8:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

unfort i never kept my p60s / p45s going back 10 years ago, nor my payslips.
For future reference, you are supposed to keep them (and anything else relating to tax) for 6 years.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 8:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by alwar
Why would you need national insurance certificate
Because for a SW application you need to provide proof of last 10 years employment. Some people don't have all their payslips, so they get NI records instead.

Darn it, should have done a multi-quote with all those responses!!
Old Jun 30th 2009, 10:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

My husband has got the last ten year's worth of payslips (and the rest!) - but do we really have to send 120 photocopies (can't get 2 on a page)?

How did others who sent payslips do this? I'm assuming they weren't notarized copies (£££££)!