Wikiposts

Nasty Flagpoling Experience!

Old May 19th 2009, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nasty Flagpoling Experience!

I have used Coutts many a time to go into the states.

I find as others that the Sweetgrass side is alot friendlier than the Canadian side although I have to say that I have not found them rude but I think that you just learn to let some Canadian comments go in one ear and out of the other
Old May 19th 2009, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

HeadingNorth is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by anne-ireland
Hi just wondering was your collegue given any reason at Carway why they wouldn't change his twp?

Thanks Anne
As PMM replied.

They told him to apply for changes through Vegreville so he took the chance and drove over to Coutts where they gave him a hard time,but at least he got the permit.
Old May 19th 2009, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

anne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by HeadingNorth
As PMM replied.

They told him to apply for changes through Vegreville so he took the chance and drove over to Coutts where they gave him a hard time,but at least he got the permit.
Thanks for that, spoke with call centre today (number on back of work permit) and explained our case, they said the best thing we could do was go to the border, explain our situation and say we had spoken with them, think we will go to coutts though to be on safe side, we can take the hard time once they give us permit.

Once again thanks for help
Anne
Old May 20th 2009, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that, spoke with call centre today (number on back of work permit) and explained our case, they said the best thing we could do was go to the border, explain our situation and say we had spoken with them, think we will go to coutts though to be on safe side, we can take the hard time once they give us permit.

Once again thanks for help
Anne
You're welcome.

Once again,good luck with the process.
Old May 22nd 2009, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

anne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant futureanne-ireland has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by HeadingNorth
You're welcome.

Once again,good luck with the process.
Hi just letting you know, we are just back from the border and all my worrying was for nothing.

We met the same IO as the last time, and he couldn't have been nicer - we explained our situation as advised, and he gave us work permit, though he did ask my 5 year old to do an irish dance for him, which she duly did- he even gave the kids some sharpies and paper from his desk to play with.

Saying that, don't want to repeat exercise - gonna send off PR application ASAP..

Thanks for help and advice
Anne
Old May 23rd 2009, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

Hi just letting you know, we are just back from the border and all my worrying was for nothing.

We met the same IO as the last time, and he couldn't have been nicer - we explained our situation as advised, and he gave us work permit, though he did ask my 5 year old to do an irish dance for him, which she duly did- he even gave the kids some sharpies and paper from his desk to play with.

Saying that, don't want to repeat exercise - gonna send off PR application ASAP..

Thanks for help and advice
Anne
I'm really happy that it went well for you all.

The trip to the border to "land" should be the best one!

Good luck with the PR process.
Old May 23rd 2009, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

kittsrush has a brilliant futurekittsrush has a brilliant futurekittsrush has a brilliant futurekittsrush has a brilliant futurekittsrush has a brilliant futurekittsrush has a brilliant futurekittsrush has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Ron Liberman
In that case, perhaps you should write a polite letter describing this incident to a Supervisor at Coutts, and either you or your employer should write to the MP for your area, enclosing a copy of the letter written to the Supervisor.

In case you had not realised, Canadians know how to complain about almost everything - so if you intend to stay here, perhaps it is time to start practising!
I think you will find its the same at a few borders that there attiude for people on temp work permits is bad, a friend of ours had a bad experience too.