Nag to get your requests :-)

Old Jun 25th 2009, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Nag to get your requests :-)

Originally Posted by Tracywall
I am a pre Feb 2008 applicant. I submitted my application in January 2008 but after receiving a letter from CIC saying they would review my application in 4 years time, I decided that I wasn't prepared to wait that long so looked at different avenues to move over here. We decided the study permit and open work permit was a feesible route to take and then I got a job offered to me and was able to fast track the Jan 08 application as I had arranged employment.

From what I have seen of late with CIC they are turning applications around much faster anyway so hopefully not too much of a wait for you.
Yep, we are hoping to hear something before the end of the year.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 3:37 am
Just Joined

miss_sunshine82 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have sent three emails (one requesting PPR by email), one asking about our meds as the Dr. said they were sent back for some reason, and one about address. i have not had a single reply, and get VERY nervous sending requests as they warn you about delays. I am glad that mine have been for updates at least, which they accept as acceptable, but am impressed that you had a reply at all and am glad that they are hearing someone!

i wouldn't recommend this either, but only because i would HATE to have something delay myself or anyone else...as they fore warn.

Congrats to you for success though!
Old Jun 26th 2009, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

KS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really nice

Originally Posted by bodgerx
Isn't the official line not to constantly nag them i.e. it slows things down for the rest of us?
Yes, but given that things seem to go missing in the post with extremely worrying regularity and given that if you miss a deadline it's your responsibility (even if you never received the letter telling you about it) and given that they don't seem to send reminders etc and just assume that you receive everything they supposedly send then, yes, that might be the official line, but there seems to me to be a very real danger that if you just sit there waiting patiently then your dreams could remain just that.

To use my case as an example, they allegedly sent my medical request at the end of December but it never arrived and of course they don't tell you when they send things so I had no idea that I should have received it. I waited patiently and didn't want to nag them and naturally heard nothing. In March I started to worry so I emailed them. They didn't reply, even though I obviously hadn't responded to their December letter and even though my email made it clear that I'd never received a letter from them. It was only when I "nagged" them again in April that they final mentioned the December letter. At which point they said they'd resend it, but nothing turned up for another month and even then only after, guess what, I'd had to send them multiple emails, letters and faxes (which included trying to get them to acknowledge my change of address).

It shouldn't be necessary to chase them up, but it appears that it sometimes is. If I hadn't I'd probably still be waiting for my medical request and/or had my application rejected for missing a deadline. YMMV but personally I know where I stand on this issue.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

ga1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nice

Oh to send or not to send. If ecas was a little more informative people wouldn't need to email for information, they could login and find out for themselves if any progress was being made. They have a system in place, just wish it was more reliable. Also, if you supplied an email address, why don't they use it! It makes more sense in todays world and with London handling applications for outside of the country it justs seems logical to me and cuts costs down. Maybe they take the delay of the postal service into account on when they will receive replies, I don't know. I have only been waiting for 2 weeks since my referral results were sent in but if I am still waiting in 2 more weeks I am going to start emailing!
Old Jun 26th 2009, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

KS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really nice

I totally agree about ECAS. If they used that to keep people informed it would dramatically cut down the need to contact the CIC. All it would need is to show something more than "In Process". Just a list along the lines of "more information requested on such and such a date", "email sent on xxx", "documents received on xxx" would be so helpful. The kind of things that many of us include in our signatures. I really can't believe that it would be that difficult to incorporate into an online system or to keep it up-to-date.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Nag to get your requests :-)

KS2008 that is a very good point and it would stop people from stressing out so much or emailing them constantly, i guess it all comes down to resources at the end of the day....iv heard that CIC London uk office are working alot faster handing out PR requests these days so all those waiting will hear good news sooner rather than later

MR79
Old Jun 26th 2009, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

cserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to allcserpent is a name known to all

Well done Tracy! After all the crap you've gone through with Miller, it's well deserved