Nag to get your requests :-)

Old Jun 25th 2009, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

Tracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant future
Default Nag to get your requests :-)

Hi everyone,

I am so happy today we got our passport request from London via email... one slight thing though it says on the letter to use the label enclosed since the request came via email there is no label.... does anyone know the address to which they go back to is it the same as the address on the letter which is Immigration and Medical Division?

Purpose of title I have found that nagging london constantly via email has certainly speeded up our process. Our timeline is

Full documentation and request fast tracking sent December 18, 2008
Numerous emails sent regarding medical requests
Medicals requested - May 2009
Medicals taken in Burnaby on May 28, 2009
London received medicals June 8, 2009
Email to London June 23 asking about passport request whether issued via mail or email and expected timeline
Passport request - June 25th
Passports being sent back - June 25th

Although our timeline is pretty quick it hasn't made it any less stressful especially being here on a study permit and work permit so only one of us could work. We didn't sell our UK home so didn't have the equity to bring with us so it has been a struggle but totally worth it.

Good luck to everyone else who is waiting for the final stages... my advice send London an email. If you don't receive a reply send another one :-)

Old Jun 25th 2009, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

clairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Nag to get your requests :-)

hi, it looks like they dont send the labels out to anyone..our came without too..but the address to sent it back to is on the letter..sorry i cant be much more help
Old Jun 25th 2009, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Nag to get your requests :-)

Congrats and all the best.........

MR79
Old Jun 25th 2009, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

Tracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant future

Thank you... hubby is on his way to postoffice to send the passports back via UPS.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

sprucemoose is on a distinguished road

Congratulations! Emailing worked for me too.

Add 'PHEP Processing' to the start of the address on top of the letter they attached. It stands for Photo Height Eye Passport, if I remember correctly.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 5:55 pm

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations
Old Jun 25th 2009, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Quarte_2005 will become famous soon enoughQuarte_2005 will become famous soon enough

Congratulations!
Useful hint!!!!
Old Jun 25th 2009, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute

def worth the emails......

we are still waiting for the letter requesting the passports to arrive.

yet i've got an email request after asking nicely , sent passports and have now them back with the visa and still the origional letter isnt here lol
Old Jun 25th 2009, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

oakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to alloakefam is a name known to all

Great advise, I emailed them on Monday and had one back within a few hours, they asked to confirm address so they can send updates or docs to us....hopefully we will get Medical requests any day
Old Jun 25th 2009, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of light

Firstly congratulations to you for getting your passport request through today. I wish that emailing had worked for me. I have been waiting 37 days for a reply from CHC london. I have sent another one today lets see how long it will take to get a response. Hopefully my next email from them is a PR request!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 25th 2009, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by englishrose1
Firstly congratulations to you for getting your passport request through today. I wish that emailing had worked for me. I have been waiting 37 days for a reply from CHC london. I have sent another one today lets see how long it will take to get a response. Hopefully my next email from them is a PR request!!!!!!!!
Just keep emailing them that's what I did, I emailed got no response so emailed again two days later, it seemed to work for me. They probably have just thought now for gods sake just give her the residency visa to get her off our back and clogging up the inbox

Good luck, hopefully not too long for you
Old Jun 25th 2009, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

Isn't the official line not to constantly nag them i.e. it slows things down for the rest of us?
Old Jun 25th 2009, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bodgerx
Isn't the official line not to constantly nag them i.e. it slows things down for the rest of us?
Not sure and that isn't the intention when nagging them, its just when you are in Canada and only one of you is working and trying to raise a family on one salary, getting PR is a huge priority. Sorry if my nagging may have held up your application somehow.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tracywall
Not sure and that isn't the intention when nagging them, its just when you are in Canada and only one of you is working and trying to raise a family on one salary, getting PR is a huge priority. Sorry if my nagging may have held up your application somehow.
Not just mine per se, but anyone's really. Your circumstances may have required a quick turn around but I'm sure there are many others in the same boat as you. I would exercise caution in recommending a course of action that isn't recommended by CIC.

You are quite fortunate in that you have come under the new, faster system anyway. Those of us still with pre Feb 08 applications still have much longer waits...
Old Jun 25th 2009, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bodgerx
Not just mine per se, but anyone's really. Your circumstances may have required a quick turn around but I'm sure there are many others in the same boat as you. I would exercise caution in recommending a course of action that isn't recommended by CIC.

You are quite fortunate in that you have come under the new, faster system anyway. Those of us still with pre Feb 08 applications still have much longer waits...
I am a pre Feb 2008 applicant. I submitted my application in January 2008 but after receiving a letter from CIC saying they would review my application in 4 years time, I decided that I wasn't prepared to wait that long so looked at different avenues to move over here. We decided the study permit and open work permit was a feesible route to take and then I got a job offered to me and was able to fast track the Jan 08 application as I had arranged employment.

From what I have seen of late with CIC they are turning applications around much faster anyway so hopefully not too much of a wait for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.