N.Ireland Medicals

Old Mar 16th 2008, 2:46 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute
Default N.Ireland Medicals

I live in N.Ireland, Can any body tell me if i can take my medical in the Rep of Ireland. It's a lot cheaper to have it done in Dublin than in Belfast.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 3:09 am
Just Joined

sun123k is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: N.Ireland Medicals

Hi,

Yes you can, it doesn't matter where you take the medicals. I am originally from Germany but lived in Dublin during my PR process and I had mine taken at a doctor in the City Centre (Donnybrock). It was no problem getting an appointment and he and his receptionist were really nice. Afte the exam I had to walk over to the hospital to get the xrays and the blood done. I paid (I think) about 170 Euro for everyhing.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 6:14 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sun123k
Hi,

Yes you can, it doesn't matter where you take the medicals. I am originally from Germany but lived in Dublin during my PR process and I had mine taken at a doctor in the City Centre (Donnybrock). It was no problem getting an appointment and he and his receptionist were really nice. Afte the exam I had to walk over to the hospital to get the xrays and the blood done. I paid (I think) about 170 Euro for everyhing.
Thanks for that, driving down to Dublin is going to save us a packet. We had planned to get our x-rays done up north but it might be just as handy to get them done in Dublin as well.
Thanks for your advice
Old Mar 17th 2008, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

LiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of light

Wow! 170 Euros for everything - is that correct? We've been quoted nearly £390 + £90 for xrays here in the Southwest. It's almost worth us getting a cheap return flight to Dublin with the likes of Easy Jet/Ryanair. Has anybody else done this?

Any chance of passing on the contact details for the doctor (please PM me if not allowed to give details on thread) I know we aren't suppossed to give out details - but if it's going to give people a chance of a reasonable priced medical I can't see the harm.

Liffy

Last edited by LiffyB; Mar 17th 2008 at 12:44 am. Reason: Forgot to ask for doctor details
Old Mar 17th 2008, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

LiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of light

Just checked Ryanair website and can fly Bristol to Dublin for £38 return - so with 3 of us that's quite some saving! If we can get the medicals there, then your thread could possibly save some of us an awful lot of money!

Liffy
Old Mar 17th 2008, 5:49 am
Just Joined

City Name Address Telephone Spoken
Languages
Cork Patrick Crowley West Village, Bellincollig, Cork,
(353) 21-487-2555
(353) 21-487-0135 English

Dublin Richard Blake Woodbine Medical Practice, 31 Woodbine Park, Booterstown, Dublin,
(353) (0) 1260-9861

Dublin Alan O'Grady 115 Morehampton Road, Donnybrook, Dublin,
(353) 269-3347
English

Hi this is from the CIC website. I was in Donnybrook so it must have been Dr. O'Grady. Just give him a call and see what the price is now. I paid in summer 2005: approx 65 for medical, 50 for xrays and 40 for blood.

I also wanted to mention that my husband's medical was even cheaper here in Vancouver. We did not call around but he must have just picked the best one from the medical practioners' list. It was CAD 152 for everything. Can't remember the name of the Doctor but it was somewhere on Westbroadway.

Have a nice day

Sun
Old Mar 17th 2008, 6:19 am
Just Joined

Hi Rabco, Liffy,

Just checked the receipts: It was 60 Euro for the doctor, 60 for the blood and 50 for the xray. Hope they have not increased their fees too much.
I also got some of the money back from my additional healthcare VHI. Don't know how it is in the UK but maybe you could have a look into that too

Sun
Old Mar 17th 2008, 6:22 am
BE Enthusiast

AlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabc0077
I live in N.Ireland, Can any body tell me if i can take my medical in the Rep of Ireland. It's a lot cheaper to have it done in Dublin than in Belfast.
Hi Rab C - just a wild guess from your name but are you from South Down by any chance?

What's happened to Norn Iron - we're all leaving
Old Mar 17th 2008, 6:39 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by AlvicSK
Hi Rab C - just a wild guess from your name but are you from South Down by any chance?

What's happened to Norn Iron - we're all leaving
Hi all, We live just outside Antrim.. and cant wait to leave. Just heard a friend of mine is coming home after 2 years in Toronto. Seems the kids cant settle but they were a lot older than mine when they went, so hopefully we wont have that prob... fingers crossed
Old Mar 17th 2008, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for that Sun123K - we'll check it out - could be quite a saving there for us!

Liffy
Old Mar 17th 2008, 9:02 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want to rain on your parade , I'm all for saving money but one thing to consider is the fact that if whatever reason you need further tests , investigations etc then you have to go back to the same DMP.

Hopefully everything will be fine for you but it is a fact to consider.

Congrats on getting this far , the rest goes really quickly!!!!
Old Mar 17th 2008, 9:32 pm
Get me to Canada fast!!

khuppe is an unknown quantity at this point

I called the doctor in Donnybrook dublin and its 80 euros per person!! So I booked, for next wednesday - get the aircoach down straight to dublin airport for 7 euro return and then get a connecting bus from dublin airport to donnybrook. They said you can go to the clinic near them and get your xray done!
Old Mar 17th 2008, 9:51 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by khuppe
I called the doctor in Donnybrook dublin and its 80 euros per person!! So I booked, for next wednesday - get the aircoach down straight to dublin airport for 7 euro return and then get a connecting bus from dublin airport to donnybrook. They said you can go to the clinic near them and get your xray done!
Whoa, thanks for sharing that, such a good price! I've used the aircoach a few times now, can't be beaten Now, if only I was at the medicals stage
Old Mar 17th 2008, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that Khuppe! such a saving from the price we were quoted here in the Southwest - and even if we get called back for more checks it would still be worth it.

Liffy
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:24 pm
Get me to Canada fast!!

khuppe is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: N.Ireland Medicals

Well I went for medicals yesterday in Dublin on the airbus from Belfast (I got on at hillsborough though) so I thought Id fill yous in on it all. It was very simple to get to Donnybrook, Dr O'Grady's office... you get off the airbus at Dublin airport and change onto another airbus which actually leaves you off on the morehampton road and about 2 mins walk on the opposite side of the road is the doctors surgery.

I timed it so I was early incase I couldnt find it so I went and had breakfast in a cafe to kill time.....

So the medical itself, he looks in your ears, your throat and sounds your chest. Height, Weight are taken and then he asks you to get up on the bed, feels around your tummy. Then if your a woman he has to check your boobs for lumps, (at this point I almost died) but he said if you dont feel comfortable with that you can get your own doc to do it and forward the results to him. But I thought what the heck as I didnt want to prolong the meds any longer. So it wasnt as bad but my 7 year old sons face was a picture! But he doesnt ask you to take your top off or anything, and it was about 3 or 4 seconds and believe me I was counting.

So he does some paperwork with you yes/no questions and then sends you with a note to go to a clinic 5 bus stops away, was easy to find and thats where I had to get blood test and xray. I got seen instantly. SO that was me done!

So the cost: Medical - 80euros (adult)
40euros (child under 15)
80euros (xray)
80euros (blood test)
280 euros

So it works out a little cheaper than belfast and alot cheaper for a child. I dont know how Belfast can charge £165 for a child when they dont get bloods taken and its only a check of height, weight etc

so thats my meds all done now!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.