MyCIC experience

Old Mar 24th 2017, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

benbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond repute
Default MyCIC experience

I've just received an email about my PR inviting me to link my application to my account. All done, though I have to agree with this site's wiki guide that the number of people you want to put as applying is "2" not "1". It didn't work until I did that (4th attempt). This is confusing because there is a very similarly worded question on the paper application form to which the answer is 1.

In case anyone else experiences this, a weird thing that kept happening to me was that the site frequently redirected me to the homepage after logging in. I had to log in multiple times before I got to the right page. Really frustrating as I didn't realise this was an error and couldn't work out where the 'link application' button was.

Also I'm not sure if this email counts as an Acknowledgement of Receipt? I've added my details to the spreadsheet so want to keep that up-to-date. I did the text message thing too and got a text on the day they got it (I sent my form by courier so knew that it had got there anyway).

In case anyone cares the status messages are slightly different to the wiki - see attachment. I take it this portal doesn't convey the status of sponsor approval?
Attached Thumbnails MyCIC experience-screen-shot-2017-03-24-16.58.56.png  

Last edited by benbb; Mar 24th 2017 at 5:04 pm.
Old Mar 24th 2017, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MyCIC experience

N, yCIC has never had a status or a box or whatever for Sponsor Approval, this is something they send you as an email with a PDF attachment telling you when you are SA and telling you the VO they sent it on to for PA assessment.

Yes, they changed the status text from one or two words to 'flowing text' a few weeks ago.

I will update your entry to show you as AOR.

Spreadsheet updated.

PS - roughly where in the UK are you (for the spreadsheet)?
Old Mar 24th 2017, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

benbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond reputebenbb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
PS - roughly where in the UK are you (for the spreadsheet)?
Thanks. I'm in London, UK.
Old Mar 27th 2017, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Ok, just had a request for Schedule A, Police Certificates, and, bizarrely, another copy of my passport. The message from CIC said:
"Your passport is due to expire in less than 12 months. Please renew your passport and submit a copy of biographic information page of the new passport as a visa to Canada will not be issued on an expired, or close to expiring passport."

I renewed my passport in January and it doesn't expire until 2027. Is this just an error on their part? I uploaded another copy of the information page so hopefully that'll be ok. Is this just standard procedure?

Also, the police certificate is described as "Police Certificates (Multiple)". Presumably I'm only uploading multiple certificates if I've lived in more than one country (which I haven't). The certificate I received was only one page.

Thanks!
Old Mar 27th 2017, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

What's also weird is that the address they've put at the top of the letter is one of my previous addresses. I double-checked the application and I definitely put my correct address on it. I'm not sure why they've picked that one to use. Should I contact them or just leave it? They're not sending me any letters so I don't see that it's important but thought I better check!
Old Mar 27th 2017, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benbb
What's also weird is that the address they've put at the top of the letter is one of my previous addresses. I double-checked the application and I definitely put my correct address on it. I'm not sure why they've picked that one to use. Should I contact them or just leave it? They're not sending me any letters so I don't see that it's important but thought I better check!
It is not unknown for them to, errrr.... c*ck things up! You will want to make sure that they send your CoPR to the correct address I would suggest, so yes, contact them to get your address corrected.
Old Mar 27th 2017, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ok, just had a request for Schedule A, Police Certificates, and, bizarrely, another copy of my passport. The message from CIC said:
"Your passport is due to expire in less than 12 months. Please renew your passport and submit a copy of biographic information page of the new passport as a visa to Canada will not be issued on an expired, or close to expiring passport."

I renewed my passport in January and it doesn't expire until 2027. Is this just an error on their part? I uploaded another copy of the information page so hopefully that'll be ok. Is this just standard procedure?

Also, the police certificate is described as "Police Certificates (Multiple)". Presumably I'm only uploading multiple certificates if I've lived in more than one country (which I haven't). The certificate I received was only one page.

Thanks!
I suspect they 'pressed the wrong button' as regards your passport, but IMHO you did the right thing!

Yes, just send them to one page UK certificate.

Spreadsheet updated.
Old Mar 27th 2017, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Did you already have dealings with them? My address in ECAS originally showed as my first ever address they knew me for IEC (not even the one I had when applying for my 2nd IEC, let alone the address on my spousal app), it updated after a few weeks to the current one.
Old Mar 27th 2017, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid
Did you already have dealings with them? My address in ECAS originally showed as my first ever address they knew me for IEC (not even the one I had when applying for my 2nd IEC, let alone the address on my spousal app), it updated after a few weeks to the current one.
Good question, I did enter the pool for IEC some time ago but decided not to apply. And I applied for eTA at my old address (though I can't remember whether I needed to type that in or not). Perhaps it's something to do with that as my application clearly had my new address on it.
Old Mar 27th 2017, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

It is not unknown for them to, errrr.... c*ck things up! You will want to make sure that they send your CoPR to the correct address I would suggest, so yes, contact them to get your address corrected.
Great, done! Thanks for the advice.
Old Mar 28th 2017, 9:05 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Although they still may not change it. We moved part way through our PR app, and they never updated our address despite us informing them several times of the change! Sigh.
Old Mar 31st 2017, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Although they still may not change it. We moved part way through our PR app, and they never updated our address despite us informing them several times of the change! Sigh.
Did you do that through the contact form? I told them through it but they don't appear to have changed it in their most recent correspondence. Their letters have a link that basically says if you're an outland applicant, and not in the US, you have to inform them of your updated address by telling your nearest Canadian embassy! (Change my address) Really?

Have you had your CoPR? Did the address thing cause delays?