Wikiposts

My TWP application

Old Jun 1st 2011, 4:13 am
Just Joined

pommyg is an unknown quantity at this point
Question My TWP application

Hi - my first thread...

I have read as much as I can about TWPs and believe that things changed in April 2011 to ensure that a TWP cannot last >4 years. I am not sure if this has meant that the guidance has changed with it. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...ue&chrome=true is the document checklist...

Anyway, I have a few questions that I hope you can help with:

1. My LMO is for a Health Authority and my offer letter is from a local surgery in the area of the health authority - will this present a problem?

2. A passport is required. Myself and my family are British passport holders living in London. Is an original passport required? Would certified copies do?

3. The checklist asks for proof of funds - how much do they want? Would a photocopy or internet print out do (without certification)?

Thanks very much

Pom
Old Jun 1st 2011, 4:52 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My TWP application

Hi

Originally Posted by pommyg
Hi - my first thread...

I have read as much as I can about TWPs and believe that things changed in April 2011 to ensure that a TWP cannot last >4 years. I am not sure if this has meant that the guidance has changed with it. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...ue&chrome=true is the document checklist...

Anyway, I have a few questions that I hope you can help with:

1. My LMO is for a Health Authority and my offer letter is from a local surgery in the area of the health authority - will this present a problem?

2. A passport is required. Myself and my family are British passport holders living in London. Is an original passport required? Would certified copies do?

3. The checklist asks for proof of funds - how much do they want? Would a photocopy or internet print out do (without certification)?

Thanks very much

Pom
1. Don't quite understand the question. Hired by a Regional Health authority, working in a local Drs. office or a clinic?
2. You don't require a TRV so according to the checklist you submit copies of your passports. http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...wchecklist.pdf
3. No where on the checklist does it require proof of funds.
4. Note that you will require a medical, which will delay the processing.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 5:08 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. Don't quite understand the question. Hired by a Regional Health authority, working in a local Drs. office or a clinic?
2. You don't require a TRV so according to the checklist you submit copies of your passports. http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...wchecklist.pdf
3. No where on the checklist does it require proof of funds.
4. Note that you will require a medical, which will delay the processing.
Thanks for that checklist - its much more detailed and specific than the one that I linked to - which was wrongly linked - should have been http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5488E.PDF . I will be working in a clinic, as a self employed clinician, but the LMO has been requested by a regional health authority. They will not provide any offer letter but I have one from the clinic.

I dont understand why the checklist that you link to requires police clearance whereas the checklist that have linked to does not mention it... surely they should be the same unless the whole process has changed.

Pom

Last edited by pommyg; Jun 1st 2011 at 5:27 am.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 5:48 am
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

I dont understand why the checklist that you link to requires police clearance whereas the checklist that have linked to does not mention it...

Pom
Not a very helpful response I know, sorry, but....

Welcome to the world of CIC. As the immigration process goes on, deciphering their forms becomes more difficult and coming across contradictory info happens more often.

Best of luck anyway. I personally would go with the UK High Commission checklist (PMM's) if that's the place you are applying to. Don't forget, as a clinician you'll need a medical too.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 6:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by wolstie
Not a very helpful response I know, sorry, but....

Welcome to the world of CIC. As the immigration process goes on, deciphering their forms becomes more difficult and coming across contradictory info happens more often.

Best of luck anyway. I personally would go with the UK High Commission checklist (PMM's) if that's the place you are applying to. Don't forget, as a clinician you'll need a medical too.
Thanks! Better to find out that I need a police clearance before than afterwards.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 7:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks! Better to find out that I need a police clearance before than afterwards.
Do also check that you've got the right application form, as they've recently changed the one for work permit applications from outside Canada.

Good luck.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 7:11 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Do also check that you've got the right application form, as they've recently changed the one for work permit applications from outside Canada.

Good luck.
My form is labelled IMM 1295 (01-2011) E - any advances?

The checklist I am working with expects a IMM1295 B!

Thanks for your good luck.

Pom
Old Jun 5th 2011, 7:42 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

My form is labelled IMM 1295 (01-2011) E - any advances?

The checklist I am working with expects a IMM1295 B!

Thanks for your good luck.

Pom
Check the date of the form, which is printed in very small letters at the bottom. Make sure you have the most up to date one. They update and change the forms without notice and you must have the most recent version.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by helcat12
Check the date of the form, which is printed in very small letters at the bottom. Make sure you have the most up to date one. They update and change the forms without notice and you must have the most recent version.
Thanks

Pom