My son wants to come to Canada

Old Jul 26th 2014, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

ontario70 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My son wants to come to Canada

When my wife and i and my 3 step children were going through the PR process about 5yrs ago, i wanted to include my biological son on the paperwork too but my ex partner used words like "hell will freeze over before i let you take my son out of the country" he was 15 at the time and with a heavy heart i left him off the paperwork and he remained in England with his mother, a decision now i bitterly regret

He has now just turned 21 and he's free to make his own decisions and while chatting with him on Skype last week he expressed his desire to come to Canada and be with his dad which we are over the moon about.

My question is, what is the best avenue to go down to get him over here?
With so many visa options we dont know where to start,

Any advice will be greatly received
Old Jul 26th 2014, 6:27 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My son wants to come to Canada

Originally Posted by ontario70
When my wife and i and my 3 step children were going through the PR process about 5yrs ago, i wanted to include my biological son on the paperwork too but my ex partner used words like "hell will freeze over before i let you take my son out of the country" he was 15 at the time and with a heavy heart i left him off the paperwork and he remained in England with his mother, a decision now i bitterly regret

He has now just turned 21 and he's free to make his own decisions and while chatting with him on Skype last week he expressed his desire to come to Canada and be with his dad which we are over the moon about.

My question is, what is the best avenue to go down to get him over here?
With so many visa options we dont know where to start,

Any advice will be greatly received
He'll need to qualify on his own merit the same as every other applicant. IEC might be an option (easiest) or if he has a special skill set, find an employer willing to help get him a WP.
Old Jul 5th 2015, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

warmllama is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Aviator
He'll need to qualify on his own merit the same as every other applicant. IEC might be an option (easiest) or if he has a special skill set, find an employer willing to help get him a WP.
Sorry to resurrect such an old post, but this scenario seems closest to mine.

If OP's son had been included on the initial paperwork how does this affect things?
Old Jul 6th 2015, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Suggest you start a new thread with your question.

I could hazard an answer based on the OP's information, which might or might not apply to yours, and which might be completely erroneous in yoursituation.
Old Jul 6th 2015, 2:27 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Shirtback, you are better off starting your own new thread with your own specific information. People tend not to respond on old resurrected threads.