my pr card expired 3 years ago.

Old Mar 25th 2018, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

craig25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default my pr card expired 3 years ago.

My pr card expired 3 years ago and ive not lived the 2 out of 5 years that's required. I did speak to a immigration solicitor at the time and he said if I did decide to go I would have to go on a tourist visa and once in I could stay for 2 years and then apply for anew one.I was in a common law relationship and she sponsored me but we broke up so I hardly used permanent residence and went back to england .
I do have a social insurance number but im wondering would I need my pr card to apply for jobs ?.The solicitor said I would not be breaking the law as it only says you have to stay 2 out of 5 years .Does anyone know more about this ?
Old Mar 25th 2018, 8:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: my pr card expired 3 years ago.

Originally Posted by craig25
My pr card expired 3 years ago and ive not lived the 2 out of 5 years that's required. I did speak to a immigration solicitor at the time and he said if I did decide to go I would have to go on a tourist visa and once in I could stay for 2 years and then apply for anew one.I was in a common law relationship and she sponsored me but we broke up so I hardly used permanent residence and went back to england .
I do have a social insurance number but im wondering would I need my pr card to apply for jobs ?.The solicitor said I would not be breaking the law as it only says you have to stay 2 out of 5 years .Does anyone know more about this ?
I’d suggest you have another read of your previous thread on the subject, as you’ve been given a lot of good advice before and nothing has changed I’m afraid.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...advise-826901/

Oh, and I’d get a new lawyer! You’re still a PR of Canada until that’s formally revoked, so you can’t go on an ETA (‘tourist visa’) anyway.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Mar 25th 2018 at 8:27 pm.
Old Aug 12th 2018, 10:31 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: my pr card expired 3 years ago.

Ditto

Last edited by Aviator; Aug 12th 2018 at 10:35 pm.