my options from here??

Old Apr 8th 2009, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Steez1982 will become famous soon enoughSteez1982 will become famous soon enough
Default my options from here??

Okay so I'm nearly 27, educated to Masters level (English Literature) and speak fluent French (I've done the TEF/TCF and have the certs). I also had a year of work experience in a high-end admin job and had applied for PR in Canada via the Skilled Worker route - I had enough points etc.

However, I applied after February 28 2008 so was rejected

I had spent a year working in BC on a BUNAC student visa and now I'm back here working on a BUNAC non-student visa. I've spent the winter working as a "server".

So I LOVE Canada and want to stay here long-term. I'm wondering how I should go about this though now? I've been eyeing up the Welcome BC website and the Entry Level and Semi-Skilled Pilot Project (considering I've been working as a server) as well as the Skilled Workers route.

Like I said, I really really want to stay here and just need some advice! Or even a lead as to where to turn to for advice??

(Oh yes, my year of work experience would classify me as an Administrative Officer, code 1221)
Old Apr 8th 2009, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

ExcitedBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: my options from here??

apply for quebec immigration, it should work out

Originally Posted by Steez1982
Okay so I'm nearly 27, educated to Masters level (English Literature) and speak fluent French (I've done the TEF/TCF and have the certs). I also had a year of work experience in a high-end admin job and had applied for PR in Canada via the Skilled Worker route - I had enough points etc.

However, I applied after February 28 2008 so was rejected

I had spent a year working in BC on a BUNAC student visa and now I'm back here working on a BUNAC non-student visa. I've spent the winter working as a "server".

So I LOVE Canada and want to stay here long-term. I'm wondering how I should go about this though now? I've been eyeing up the Welcome BC website and the Entry Level and Semi-Skilled Pilot Project (considering I've been working as a server) as well as the Skilled Workers route.

Like I said, I really really want to stay here and just need some advice! Or even a lead as to where to turn to for advice??

(Oh yes, my year of work experience would classify me as an Administrative Officer, code 1221)
Old Apr 8th 2009, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

Steez1982 will become famous soon enoughSteez1982 will become famous soon enough

vraiment?
Old Apr 8th 2009, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Exactement et tres facilement mon ami....have to use eng here they will cut us out...

vraiment?
Old Apr 8th 2009, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

ben alors off i am to quebec i guess!
Old Apr 8th 2009, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

one more thing though - if i immigrated to quebec, but then wanted to move out to bc afterwards, what would be the procedure?
Old Apr 8th 2009, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

when you get the pr you can move ...mobility rights etc but some say qiebec might revoke your case and stuff....but if you want to be in canada as you said quebec immigation is a good option. later on you will be able to move I guess. ask the experts here

one more thing though - if i immigrated to quebec, but then wanted to move out to bc afterwards, what would be the procedure?
Old Apr 8th 2009, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Colsgirl has a spectacular aura aboutColsgirl has a spectacular aura aboutColsgirl has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ExcitedBrit
when you get the pr you can move ...mobility rights etc but some say qiebec might revoke your case and stuff
ROTFLMAO - if you spell their name wrong that is one sure fire way to tick them off. Don't forget to pronounce it wrong too!!!
Old Apr 8th 2009, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just a TYPO ,

Originally Posted by Colsgirl
ROTFLMAO - if you spell their name wrong that is one sure fire way to tick them off. Don't forget to pronounce it wrong too!!!
Old Apr 9th 2009, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

okay does anyone else know anything about the Entry Level Pilot Scheme in BC either?