Wikiposts

Is my offence criminal?

Old Apr 16th 2017, 4:40 am
Just Joined

ab50037 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is my offence criminal?

Hello,

Can someone help me with this?

I am gethering some documents to file my PR for Canada and I would like to know if my past in the US will affect my application and whether my offence is a criminal one or not?
Actually I was admitted in the US in 2004 as a F1 student and overstayed my visa. In 2008 I moved to Miami Beach and while driving I passed a yellow light and got pulled over. The officer then found out that I had a bench warrant for failure to appear on a traffic citation. Here are the case numbers:
1115GLN, Violation: 322.03(1) - NO DRIVER LICENSE, Warrant
1117GLN, Violation: 320.38 - TAG/REGISTR EXEMPTN NOT ALLOW, Warrant

I was put in jail, and while in jail they put an immigration hold on me. Then I got detained in a detention center for 8 months. I filed a relief, but did not work out, then got deported in my country it has been more than 5 years now ( 2011 ).

Are these offences criminal on Canada?
Is overstaying ones visa will render me inadmissible to Canada?
What need to be done in order to succeed in this process?
If rehab is necessary, how long will it take my application to go through, of course based on my offences seriousness?
Old Apr 16th 2017, 4:53 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is my offence criminal?

Rather than hijacking an existing thread I have moved your post into a new thread. That way it will not get overlooked in an old thread.
Old Apr 16th 2017, 4:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Just based on those offences i do not think you will be found inadmissible into Canada. As this is a PR application IRCC (CIC) will make the final decision once the application has been submitted with the appropriate police certificates.
Old Apr 16th 2017, 5:48 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Just based on those offences i do not think you will be found inadmissible into Canada. As this is a PR application IRCC (CIC) will make the final decision once the application has been submitted with the appropriate police certificates.
1. The OP should note, that the arrests and the deportation must be listed on any application to Canada.
Old Apr 16th 2017, 6:11 am
Just Joined

Thanks very much for your answer. Do you think that I should just fill my PR application and explain what happened along with the FBI PCC?
Somebody you knew with the same offences as me in the past has succeeded?
Old Apr 16th 2017, 6:13 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. The OP should note, that the arrests and the deportation must be listed on any application to Canada.

Thanks very much for your answer. Do you think that I should just fill my PR application and explain what happened along with the FBI PCC?