Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

My landing experience at CIC Vancouver

My landing experience at CIC Vancouver

Old Sep 25th 2013, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

MrWindUpBird is on a distinguished road
Default My landing experience at CIC Vancouver

I just landed this afternoon and thought I'd put up a quick post - I know there are loads of these but mine is a little different as I landed at the CIC office in Vancouver (Having been living in Canada since 2010) rather than POE.

I called the CIC call centre after getting my COPR, they took my contact details and told me there'd be a one month wait for the appointment. They were good to their word and I had a phone call after about a month giving me a time and date the following week.

The CIC office is in downtown Vancouver near the stadiums. There were a bunch of other people landing along with me and we were given a quick presentation. There was a guy from Mosaic present to answer any other questions - I didn't have any, but nice to have them around.

Finally I was called up to do the paperwork, asked a few questions (Ever been arrested, any kids you haven't told us about, ever been deported), verified and signed the COPR forms, got my passport stamped and gave them an address to send the PR Card to. All done after about 90 minutes (Including waiting time).

The CIC staff were really friendly and helpful. I'd say it's a good way to go (vs a flagpole trip) if you live in a city with a CIC office. Especially if, like me, you don't have a car...

Now it's time to celebrate...
Old Sep 25th 2013, 3:46 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My landing experience at CIC Vancouver

Congratulations.
Old Sep 25th 2013, 4:21 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrWindUpBird
I just landed this afternoon and thought I'd put up a quick post - I know there are loads of these but mine is a little different as I landed at the CIC office in Vancouver (Having been living in Canada since 2010) rather than POE.

I called the CIC call centre after getting my COPR, they took my contact details and told me there'd be a one month wait for the appointment. They were good to their word and I had a phone call after about a month giving me a time and date the following week.

The CIC office is in downtown Vancouver near the stadiums. There were a bunch of other people landing along with me and we were given a quick presentation. There was a guy from Mosaic present to answer any other questions - I didn't have any, but nice to have them around.

Finally I was called up to do the paperwork, asked a few questions (Ever been arrested, any kids you haven't told us about, ever been deported), verified and signed the COPR forms, got my passport stamped and gave them an address to send the PR Card to. All done after about 90 minutes (Including waiting time).

The CIC staff were really friendly and helpful. I'd say it's a good way to go (vs a flagpole trip) if you live in a city with a CIC office. Especially if, like me, you don't have a car...

Now it's time to celebrate...
I did mine at a CIC office too - the Immigration Officer was super, very friendly and joking around, then 'welcome to Canada' and handshakes.

Congrats!

Old Sep 25th 2013, 7:28 am
Finding my Canadian Feet

AnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond reputeAnneMarieC has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!!
Old Sep 25th 2013, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I did mine at a CIC office too - the Immigration Officer was super, very friendly and joking around, then 'welcome to Canada' and handshakes.
Same for me - a totally different atmosphere than the usual one at the border.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 6:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrWindUpBird
Same for me - a totally different atmosphere than the usual one at the border.
Perhaps its because they dont have to put up with all the crap we do at the border Lets dump all the Port of Entry stuff onto CBSA and we will make our offices by appointment only
Old Sep 26th 2013, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

mamtaman is an unknown quantity at this point

In reply to MRwindupbird, after you passport details were requested, how long was it until you had your decision made and COPR?
Old Sep 26th 2013, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mamtaman
In reply to MRwindupbird, after you passport details were requested, how long was it until you had your decision made and COPR?
I never had the passport request - they were satisfied with what I sent with the original application. I've posted my full time line before, if you go via my profile and search past posts you'll find it there.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Yandros is a jewel in the roughYandros is a jewel in the roughYandros is a jewel in the roughYandros is a jewel in the rough

In defence of FL, although probably not needed, when we landed at Calgary airport a few years ago everyone including the CBSA lady we dealt with was extremely friendly and welcoming. I certainly have no complaints about my treatment by CBSA (or any other immigration related officials) so far.